Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: right knee stiffness, pain after 5-7 miles walk....  (Read 1571 times)

Offline jrodfoo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
right knee stiffness, pain after 5-7 miles walk....
« on: November 05, 2010, 04:04:07 PM »
Hello,

I have had 2 ACL reconstructions and 2 cartiledge tears.  one when I was 12 and then 10 years later when I was 22. I have not had any pain in the knee over the years. I live in DC and I walk to work every day (roughly about 1 mile total a day) and have never had any knee pain from walking everyday. 

This past weekend I walked about 5-7 miles on a Saturday into the city for an event.  There was no knee pain at the time, but now it's been a few days and the knee hurts and seems tight when I walk to work now.

I'm guesing it's just knee fatiuge from that really long walk over the weekend.  I've never had any knee pain since those 2 ACL surgeries.   Knee Inflammation? joint inflammation?  It does hurt when sitting, laying down, ect.  When I walk there is alittle pain on the back of knee and on the right side.   I'm guessing i knee to give it a break and ice the knee and get some anti inflammatory pills but I just wanted to share and get some opinions. 

Thanks!

Jerrod

Offline Kimberly 77

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: right knee stiffness, pain after 5-7 miles walk....
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 04:27:50 PM »
I think they suggest you do the Rice method for a sudden swollen joint. That is Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevate. If it don't get better in a few days you should see the Dr. It could be arthrtis setting in or it could be a torn meniscus or maybe a bakers cyst. Being you are a avid walker and use your knees alot and the fact you had 2 injuries to your knee, that increases your risk of having arthiritis.
Right leg amputee.
Osteoarthritis in left knee.
Medial femoral condyle defect, arthoscopy 8-2-10
Grade 3 defects, patella, medial femoral condyle, tibia scoped1-12-2011
Physical theraphy and awaiting microfrature 2-1-12

Offline jrodfoo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: right knee stiffness, pain after 5-7 miles walk....
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:45:57 PM »
Thanks for your reply!  I will be doing this weekend when I can.   I think tonight it a RICE night.   No knee pain and then all of a sudden some stiffness, I am willing to bet (and hopeful) that it's just swollen from the long walk.

support