Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Softening of Femoral Condyle,etc. etc.  (Read 1012 times)

Offline eastsidegirl

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Softening of Femoral Condyle,etc. etc.
« on: October 12, 2003, 05:09:31 PM »
Hi Everyone:  I have a another question for all the experts out there :).  I was just reading my MRI-- can someone please clarify what "softening of the femoral condyle with Grade II degeneration, with some articular flap tearing of the cartilage and this was debrided" actually means.  Does it mean he debrided the femoral condyle itself or just the articular cartilage. Also is this pretty bad in itself or what.  As always thanks so much.

Love to all,

Sheila
Complex Lateral Meniscus Tear, Large Media Plica and Medial Degeneration at the undersurface of the Patella debrided, softening  of the femoral condyle with Grade II degeneration ... debrided

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Softening of Femoral Condyle,etc. etc.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 01:49:00 AM »
Sounds like you had articular cartilage damage that was trimmed up to take care of the rough parts, I think. I'd ask the dr to clarify. I've called the radiologist and asked for clarification before, if I didn't understand what they said. Perhaps they might explain it better, in a phone call.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.