Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: BURNING SENSATION IN BOTH KNEES  (Read 3289 times)

Offline BIGBOY22

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
BURNING SENSATION IN BOTH KNEES
« on: October 22, 2010, 03:34:12 PM »
HI EVERYONE,

I RUPTURED MY PATELLA TENDONS IN BOTH KNEES AND HAD SURGERY TO REPAIR THEM ON SEPT 11TH THIS YEAR. ITS BEEN 6 WEEKS SINCE THE OPERATION AND I WAS ALLOWED HOME AFTER SPENDING 3 WEEKS IN HOSPITAL. MY PLASTER CASTS CAME OFF TWO WEEKS AGO AND I BEGIN PHYSIO IN A FEW DAYS. I WAS GIVEN FULL LENGTH VELCRO FASTENING SPLINTS WHEN THE PLASTER WAS REMOVED BUT AS I AM BED BOUND I HAVE TAKEN THEM OFF.

I CAN JUST ABOUT BEND MY LEGS 80'-90' BUT I AM GETTING MAJOR BURNING SENSATIONS IN BOTH KNEES AT NIGHT.

IS PART OF THE HEALING PROCESS AND IS SPENDING UP TO AN HOUR SITTING IN THE WHEELCHAIR WITH MY LEGS BENT TOUCHING THE FLOOR  BAD FOR THE HEALING PROCESS.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INFO.

Offline schoo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: BURNING SENSATION IN BOTH KNEES
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
Wouldn't have thought so. Best to get those joints moving!

Are you icing your knees as well? I found ice was my very best friend after my knee replacement!
Left arthroscopic menisectomy 4th October 09
RTKR 17th March 09 - S&N Genesis II
Right arthroscopy June 06

Offline Sam123

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
i have the same problem from lack of movement. i heard inflammation prevents tissues from healing and that is why we're told to take nsaids. tumeric is supposed to be good for inflammation
'

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »
Are your knees only burning or are they red as well? Is the skin very sensitive to touch? Ask your doctor about RSD, a possible side effect of surgery..
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.