Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Bi-lateral knee dislocations  (Read 1670 times)

Offline dollfangs

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Bi-lateral knee dislocations
« on: October 18, 2010, 06:26:49 AM »
My son was involved in a serious accident in August and dislocated both knees. He tore all 4 ligaments in both knees and the blood flow and nerves were compromised for 9 hours while they got him stable enough for surgery. Currently he is still in the hospital in ICU and has not had either knee repaired due to other complications from the accident. He has loss of feeling in both legs and can not feel or move his left foot and has foot drop on his right foot. My question is has anyone recovered from a bilateral dislocation with both legs in tact and able to live a normal life? My son is only 17 and I would like to get an idea of how his life will be.

Offline SuckyKneesInNC

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Bi-lateral knee dislocations
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 12:56:56 PM »
 I cant comment on the recovery for your son but I will say a  prayer for him that he heals quickly.

Offline Ironjill

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 01:02:29 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this and hope your son is recovering. I had a partial dislocation of both knees in April and had reconstructions done 8 weeks apart. I'm only 3 weeks post the second but confident I'll return to a full and active life. With the right surgeon and a strong determination I'm sure your son can recover. It sounds like any  nerve damage may dictate how full the recovery will and how long it will take. Please let us know how he is doing.

Jill
April 4 2010 skiing accident :
R. Knee ACL rupture, grade 3 MCL tear, tibial plateau fracture, separated meniscus, meniscus tear.
L. Knee PCL rupture, grade 3 MCL tear, meniscus tear
Aug 18 2010 R. Knee ACL reconstruction with allograft.
Oct 15 2010 L. Knee PCL & MCL reconstruction with allograft.

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 03:59:17 AM »
I can"t comment on this as I have no idea.  These obviously are questions you need to try and address with his physicians.  The accident sounds horrific - try to stay positive.  This board is a great wealth of information.  eagle

support