Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: pain in the knee  (Read 1476 times)

Offline carolinebules

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
pain in the knee
« on: October 17, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »
I had an accident on June 12, 2010, I fractured my pelvis and dislocated my hip. It is fine now but I had also fractured my femur, tibia, and fibia tore my PCL partially, MCL completely and ACl completely and something else in the knee. I tore my calf mussle in half and the other smoaaer mussle by the calf. I can't put hardley any pressure on it still and the doctors at UAB have not done surgery yet. I am in horrible pain. It is constantly throbbing and aching. Is this normal?? I have heard that the tears themselves do not hurt and some people wait a while before surgery but this is a very sharp pain.. What else could it be?? My knee still has fever in it and is swollen along with my ankle. PLEASE help

Offline carolinebules

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: pain in the knee
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 08:04:47 PM »
Does anyone know what the pain in my knee could be??? From the above statement??? Please any commment would help! :'(

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 05:55:09 AM »
the only thing I can think of is that something's gotten hung up in there and is getting pinched in between the bones or kneecap and leg bones and is causing the pain. I'd go to the emergency room if it's causing that much pain, and calling your doctor doesn't result in any action.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline futuredust

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 04:45:07 AM »
Are you using ice? I am on ice pretty much 24/7, it does help to reduce the swelling and pain some.  I have a tear in my MCL, which was not repaired during my last surgery, and it burns on the inside of my knee, also feels like someone stabbing a screw driver in it, sharp and burning. But thats the least of my pain worries at this point.

If you are not on ice, I would try that, and keep it elevated as much as possible.

I hope you feel better soon!

support