Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Liquide in knee  (Read 1302 times)

Offline metroke

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Liquide in knee
« on: October 09, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »
Hi all
To make this short i had TKR in march of this year and manipulation in May of this year and since then only pain and pain. 2 days ago i went to the hospital because of the pain and they got me to pass a doppler. The guy that did my doppler said everything fine eccepte liquide in knee.Back to the emergency room they say everything fine go back home and did not even talk about liquide in knee. Everyday i am having big problems with the knee it hurst so much and i know there is liquid in there because i do feel it.

Please help me about what should i do.

Thanks all

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: Liquide in knee
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 11:20:43 PM »
I don't want to seem obvious - but have you contacted the surgeons office? Was the hospital going to contract him? Are you meaning liquid as in swelling liquid? Or liquid as in simply a fluid filled knee?  I wish I could help but I have no idea.  Im a huge fan of icing - it never hurts and might help.  Make certain to have knee above the heart.  I'd be contacting the surgeons office immediately, it is were me.  Good luck.  eagle

Offline metroke

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 03:41:02 AM »
 liquid as in swelling liquid and canot reach him till tuesday because it is Thanks Giving hear in Canada. The thing that is most stupid is that the hospital had me there and they did not even bother with it. Just great treatments here in Quebec,

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 04:50:03 AM »
Let me say, I'm not a surgeon, doc, nurse, gp or anything like that - just on surgery 6 so I've been around a lot.  Do you have anything to wrap the knee?  That might help.  However, I think you really need to get off of it as much as possible and ice ice ice with elevation. Above the heart - 12 minutes on and then probably every hour - around the clock.  That has to help with the uncontrolled swelling.  As for it being a holiday - don't they have doctors on call? good luck. eagle