Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: My MRI results...  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Pg24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
My MRI results...
« on: October 08, 2010, 05:43:10 PM »
Can anybody translate this for me please?

Impression:

MRI of the right knee with tear involving the posterior horn of the medial meniscus. In addition there appears to be rounded high t2 signal within the posterior horn which may represent intrameniscal cyst.

Patchy t2 lengthening involving the femoral condyles and proximal tibia particularly on the lateral aspect suggestive of bone marrow contusive changes. No definite fractures seen. Recommend clinical correlaton for recent trauma.

Indistinct the fibers of the acl with high t2 signal noted within may represent a high grade partial thickness tear versus sprain. A full thickness tear cannot be excluded. Recommend clinical correlation.

Lateral meniscus, pcl mcl lcl complexes patellar and quads tendons are intact.

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
Re: My MRI results...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 06:21:15 PM »
I'm no expert but I'll have a bash..

You have a tear in your medial (inner side) meniscus (the shock absorbing cartilage bits between femur and tibia) with a possible cyst within the meniscus
You have changes in signal on the femur and tibia bones, my guess that this is bone bruising, they don't mention a fracture but bruising can hurt like hell and take a long time to settle.
You have something going on with your ACL - anterior cruciate ligament (the bit that criss crosses the knee and gives support to stop the femur and tibia shifting too far against each other) - the scan doesn't show if it is definitely torn but doesn't rule it out.

Your other bits seem OK!

My guess is you've had an injury of some kind where the leg has been twisted or taken force? You need to get your OS to explain this properly and discuss surgical implications.....

Lottie
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline Pg24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »
My knee feels stable but my knee clicks. I can live with a torn meniscus but I really hate the idea of getting acl reconstruction.

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 07:38:11 PM »
If the doc feels that the knee's not unstable, then the acl issue may only be a partial tear than could mend itself, meaning physio, rest and time. The meniscus issue is more serious, and may need attention becaus of the cyst within the meniscus near the tear complicating things. the bone bruising is likely to be painful for some time, sounds like you had some kind of injury that was pretty significant to do that to it, like a fall of some kind.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline Pg24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »
I was playing tennis when it happened. I dont know if i stepped on a ball or something. I know I was chasing a ball then bam... i fell and i was in extreme pain.