Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Need advice and guidance on a broken knee  (Read 672 times)

Offline ryanlum

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need advice and guidance on a broken knee
« on: October 08, 2010, 06:31:26 AM »
Hi All,

I got a friend that got into an accident and now she has broken her knee.. let me give you the full story so that you are able to understand the situation.

After her accident, her knee broke unto 6-8 pieces, now its held together by a wire mesh. there is a hole in the knee due to the shattered pieces on the knee that has been removed.

For a normal knee, there is a smooth surface that glides through the knee gel behind (not sure the exact phrase for it), but now after the accident, the knee is jagged and it cannot be smoothen, so if she bends too much it will be pain, and she will wear out the knee gel behind the knee even faster because of the jagged (protruding bones that jabs into the knee gel).

Does anyone know how can the bones be smoothen out without a knee replacement? Has anyone faced this problem before and recovered from ot?

Please advice, need help urgently.

Thank you all in advance

Offline guy84

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Need advice and guidance on a broken knee
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:13:47 PM »
Hi

Im sorry but i know of no such proceedure.
I broke my knee cap 6 months ago, severly damaging the cartillage behind it.
The doctors have warned that im almost certain to get arthritis in later years.
Small damage is repairable by surgery, but with extensive damage options are limited.
My hope is that new techniques are available in the not too distant future to aid me in later life.
Sorry if this is not the news you were hoping for but i wish your friend a speedy recovery and the least future problems possible.