Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Surgery today - major damage...  (Read 765 times)

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Surgery today - major damage...
« on: October 06, 2010, 02:15:03 AM »
Had surgery #6 today, spent 2 hours in the OR. It wasn't good. Will get all the details at my postop appointment, but the nuts and bolts of it is that my acl had to be repaired, I had work done on both medial and lateral meniscus, and they had to do more bone work.

Previously, I had 90% of my medial meniscus gone, grade 2 bone damage as of 2007, and problems with kneecap tracking. I fell and forced ROM on the knee, tearing the acl for sure, with the other unknown issues prior to surgery.

This surgery was the worst yet. I've been home about 8 hours, and am miserable. If I move it screams. I'm wrapped like a mummy and in a Townsend ROM brace too, so icing isn't that effective for pain, as it can't get through all the wrappings. I'm to ice above the knee, to help with inflammation, so I've got my ice machine cooling my thigh. Not as effective, but better than nothing.

I'm on large doses of percocet every 4 hrs.... I find myself watching the clock until I can take the next ones, I doze some after they get a chance to kick in, but the pain's so rough right now, that solid sleep's impossible, even 9 hrs post-anesthetic.

Anybody else deal with surgery like this?
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.