Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Grade 3 arthritis  (Read 1327 times)

Offline mark1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Grade 3 arthritis
« on: October 05, 2010, 09:59:22 AM »
Hi I'm new to the forum. I had a fall just over two years ago which knocked me unconcious and injured my knee. I have just had an arthroscopy which found torn meniscus and grade 3 arthritis. I haven't had the follow up appointment yet but a physio said it was just wear and tear. I had no pain at all in the knee before the fall and wonder if anyone else has had anything similar.
Thanks

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 405
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Grade 3 arthritis
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 01:22:10 PM »
yes - my knee was fine (as far as I can recall) before I fell off my bike - also tore the meniscus, bruised the thigh bone and damaged the articular cartilage there (would have been through to bone, now cover with scar cartilage), 1.5cm2  Also, have grade 2 on my tibia (I think from the fall as is opposite the greater area of damage).  Also, have grade 3 wear and tear on patella which I wasn't aware of and is presumably unrelated to the accident (I have some cracking from the other kneecap too when I bend).  This was discovered from the MRI and scope 5 months after the fall.

I would think that it is pretty common to find some degradation of the cartilage and meniscus during surgery following an accident (especially in those of us who aren't getting any younger  ;D )?
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up