Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Anyone heard of K-TAPING?  (Read 1322 times)

Offline roze87

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Anyone heard of K-TAPING?
« on: October 17, 2010, 09:45:59 PM »
Hi guys

Just wondered if anyone has heard/know anyone or used something called "K-taping?" As far as im aware, I believe its a form of physio where they stick tape around your knee and it acts as a sort of support, it acts almost as an extra ligament and helps to push around the edaema/swelling by helpeing move the blood supply. I am looking into finding someone who is trained in this and who can do this with me. Just looking for some opinions or experience from anyone that has used this technique and has it helped?

cheers

rose
06/04 Fell - Fractured tiibial plateau, femur, patella, torn acl
ORIF and bone graft of tibial plateau
09/08 failed acl recon due to wound infection
06/10 failed revision acl with pcl/lcl/plc damage
now facing multiligament surgery

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: Anyone heard of K-TAPING?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:00:25 PM »
I've heard of taping and my pt does it sometimes.  Some people think you then rely on the taping like you would rely on a brace.  Since I've had it done (and tape myself also) to me its totally different than a brace.  I find some days the knee aches/hurts what-have you and I tape it.  Especially if a large weather change is coming.

www.kinesiotaping

good luck, eagle

Offline k66yla

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »
My PT taped my knee once. It was meant to last 3/4 days but only stayed on for about 2 hours before working loose.  ???
April 83 - Right Knee Trauma
             2 Broken Wrists
1999    - Lateral Release Left Knee
Nov 10 - Anterior HornTear & Parameniscal Cyst Athroscopy Left Knee

Offline anniehine

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 12:25:09 PM »
Following my trochleoplasty I had huge muscle loss and the muscle basically stopped working.  It took me a long time to be able to exercise because it had become so unstable.  My PT used to tape my knee and it really used to make a huge difference to my strength and enabled me to exercise and walk without the knee giving way.  You really need to know what you're doing though because the knee needs to be taped in to the right position.  Are you not able to see a good PT who can do it for you?  Maybe phone around and see who is proficient in it?  Good luck.
Left knee started dislocating at 7 years old
Hypermobile
Arthroscopic scope April 2009
Trochleoplasty at 28 years old (10.2.10)
Did 1st SLR 1.4.10 WHOOP!!
Walked through house without crutches (12.4.10) very pleased with myself!!

Offline subuyoung

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »
I haven't heard of K Taping, but maybe people on this site have (TreatmentReport)?  Knee Pain Treatment

Offline tessie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 02:23:15 PM »
Could this be Kineseology taping? (I've prob spelt it a wee bit wrong but google will pick it up I'm sure!!) My PT used it after a lateral release and it helped with reduction of swelling. There are many ways to apply it for many different functions. I believe it was very popular amongst the Olympic track athletes and it comes in crazy colours!! Mine looked like a giant pink octopus running down my leg so I wore trousers whilst I used it!! The tape has great staying power, I showered daily with it on and it still lasted 4-5 days. If I were you I would give it a try as it certainly won't harm you if it doesn't work.
Hope this helps?!

Offline roze87

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 10:27:11 PM »
Thanks so much for your helpful and honest replies and fast response. Im definately going to look into it! im am intrigued as to if this will work for me i hope it does.
06/04 Fell - Fractured tiibial plateau, femur, patella, torn acl
ORIF and bone graft of tibial plateau
09/08 failed acl recon due to wound infection
06/10 failed revision acl with pcl/lcl/plc damage
now facing multiligament surgery

support