Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee surgery outcome.  (Read 657 times)

Offline jasmine0070

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee surgery outcome.
« on: September 29, 2010, 09:08:34 PM »
Hi there my knee surgery has been booked for Dec,8/2010
I am having a left distal osteotomy, I also have pins and plates and dononr bone from a previous surgery of when my leg was crushed from a three wheeler accident. I was just anyone with past surgeries after the osteotomy did. I have not been given much hope for the sugery outcome. Would love to hear about other people's stories.
thanks
comminuted fracture of proximal tibia involving tibial plateaus with comminuted central depression of the laterial and a major proximal fragment on medial side.
left knee arthroscopy
LK tricompartmental debridement
LK subtotal lateral meniscectomy
LK distal femoral osteotomy

Offline crankerchick

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 26
  • How 'bout them Cowboys!
    • Derotation osteotomy & TTT Post-op diary
Re: Knee surgery outcome.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:22:35 PM »
I'm not sure what kind of distal osteotomy you are having. Is it a distal femoral osteotomy? Either way, I've had three osteotomies on my left leg (all at once though) to correct my twisted femur, twisted tibia, and high-riding patella. I have to say in my case the results have been good. I was dealing with knee pain and a laterally subluxing patella. Now my knee hardly ever hurts and the subluxations are gone. It feels very stable. I just had the hardware removed and it seems that my lingering discomfort and pain is gone. I'm very confident that my surgery worked and that I will soon be pain free once I'm all healed up from the removal surgery.

It was a big surgery for me and has been a test of patience in recovery, but has been so worth it to be able to return to activities and have the confidence that I will eventually get back to all of my activites and maybe even some new ones.
Mar '07 - plica excision
Oct '09 - femoral + tibial derotational osteotomy & TTT
Aug '10 - hardware removal
"You control your leg. Don't let it control you." -Smart trainer
"Get your a$$ in gear and go for it! Nothing will happen until you make it!" -Smart doctor

support