Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I Kneed  Help!!  (Read 2395 times)

Offline choccy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
I Kneed  Help!!
« on: October 02, 2002, 11:55:16 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive just an key hole surgery on my knee, i injured it was bowling playing cricket as my front leg landed, there was a sharp pain, like a tear in my knee and i have been unable to put much weight on it.

I had surgery last week and no cause was seen, is it likely that an MRI scan could possibly find the problem as im still no better off.

I would have to pay for this as there is an 8 month NHS waiting list.  :'(  :'(

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: I Kneed  Help!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 07:58:48 PM »
Sorry to hear of your difficulties, I would like to share with you that I had 3 Mri's that were all negative, my bone scans were negative, my xrays..well okay they deffinately weren't but my OS could not find the problems from the Mri's ... and never commited to a diagnosis til he went in with the scope. the good news is, if there is in a case like this...atleast now you know there is nothing horribly wrong! ;) Gotta look for the brith side...after 13 years I tend to loose perspective...but then I get it back. Take care and good luck
Linds :)
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?