Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New here and having a hard time.  (Read 1529 times)

Offline CrazyHorseLady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New here and having a hard time.
« on: December 21, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »
Hey I am new to the board and just in need of venting some of the frustration that I am dealing with right now. I am now recovering from my 10th knee surgery total, I have had 7 on my right knee and this is the 3rd on my left.  The really sad part is my right knee (the one that I did not have surgery one this time) is hurting worse than the one that just got operated on. I don't  or I should say can't do the things that i used to love doing. I have a hard time taking my dogs for a walk down the block and back. Stairs have become almost impossible, and i have to go up and down them on a daily basis to get in and out of my house. I actually got stuck in my freaking car the other day, I had to have someone that I work with help me get out of my own car!!! Talk about embarssing!
My husband tells me that I complain about it to much and i need to remember that I am not the only one with a bad knee (he has a bad knee too from a car wreck) but what he forgets is all the things that I do around the house that he does not have to, and he still has full use of his leg (my right knee bends only a little just barley enough to be able to walk)
I am the one that walks the dogs, I am the one that takes care of running the farm and caring for the horses (both our horses and the horses of the people that board with us), I am the one that does all the grocery shopping, I am the one that takes the laundry to the wash, I am the one that cooks all the meals. Most of the time while I am doing this he is sitting there watching TV. He tells me "well why didnt you just ask i would have helped" but when i do he rolls his eyes and makes it apparent that he does not want to do it at all.
You know i am not expecting to run the Boston Marathon i just want to live a pain free, or hell at least a life that I am not in so much pain.  i would just love to be the way that i was 5 -6 years ago, my knees would hurt when it got cold or rainy or i walked alot but all in all they where not that bad. I would just really like to start enjoying life again.

Well guess that is enough of my complaining thanks for letting me vent it all
Hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday Season.
Yes I am the Crazy Horse Lady and I am proudly owned by 6 horses!!!

Offline lululocket

• Forum Faithful
Re: New here and having a hard time.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 11:58:22 PM »
Wow six horses! That's 24 extra knees! (sorry, I'm a townie, don't know a lot about horses' knees)

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling. There are loads of people around here dealing with continual pain. I am lucky that I get a day or two pain-free sometimes, but with snow and the temperature changes that brings, at the moment I also am in pain much of the day, and make a lot of silly noises getting up and down stairs, in and out of chairs, off kerbs.... It is true I have never been stuck in my car, but I can't drive so that's probably the only reason why, haha!

I really don't have a lot to offer except some sympathy and support. And remember that continual pain is *tiring*, physically AND mentally, and give yourself a break! Physically sometimes you need rest (hooray for sleep). Mental rest can be trickier. Moaning can really help relieve some of the pent-up effort of dealing with pain all day. You don't have to never moan, you just need to vent enough in one place that the moaning doesn't spill in to the rest of your day too much. So this is a good place!

I hope you feel better.
Lucy
2003 RK dislocation
multiple sublaxations (10+), both knees
2007 LK dislocation
03/2010 TTT on RK
03/2012 TTT on LK

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 12:10:16 AM »
CHL,
Sorry to hear of yet another with constant pain.  The rest of the world really doesn't want to hear about it. They figure 3/4 weeks after surgery we should be running that marathon. Not much I can say or do to help but know that we do understand how frustrating, annoying and disheartening it all can be. Get the ice, elevate and take a pill is about all I can offer. As a person with 2 bad knees I do understand.
Hang in there hope tomorrow is a little better.
Take care,
Rknees4
Knee pain since teens
06/09 Patella mal-alignment grade 3/4 chondromalasia both knees, PFS
09/11/09 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupRK
10/02/11 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupLK
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Scope LK,/RK HW removed 28/06/12
Chin up keep hobbling!

Offline Rossco12

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 11:02:08 PM »

Hi Crazy Horse
it's amazing how some people can be so heartless , anyone who lives with constant pain certainly understands what it like , like Rknees4 says " Hang in there and hope tomorrow is better " Some people get a bad hand in life , I guess were better off them Most but not as good as some <

Cheers Rossco

Offline CrazyHorseLady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »
Hope that everyone here had a wonderful holiday! We got a white christmas (one day late) here at my house and being that I am in the South it was a nice change of pace  ;D.
I had surgery number 10 on my knees on the 20th (number 3 on the left) God the day of that surgery I was barely bale to get up and walk do the car my right knee hurt so bad.
The left one normally feels better a few days later but 1 week later I still have alot of swelling and a TON of pain on the outside of my knee right at the joint. I cant even lie down and let that leg touch the bed it hurts so bad. i am SO sick of this bad knee crap!
Well better get back to work
Yes I am the Crazy Horse Lady and I am proudly owned by 6 horses!!!