Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Fulkerson Osteotomy  (Read 820 times)

Offline schoeffka

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Fulkerson Osteotomy
« on: September 08, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »
Hey all-

I have a question. But first let me tell you my background.

In December of 2008 I had a Fulkerson Osteotomy done on my left knee for patellar instability.  I went through the PT and all that jazz and thought that everything went well. X-rays looked good, I had good range of motion and little to no pain at all. I even had a MRI done last fall because we thought I might have torn some ligaments during a fall, but nothing was wrong. Everything looked good.  Then I started to notice that my knees (both are bad, but only had the Fulkerson on the left) were grinding pretty bad.  I ignored it as long as I could, but eventually called my surgeon, and he said that he wanted me to come in.  Well I go in and find out that the knee cap is back to sitting on the side of the groove and that it looks like it did before I had the surgery.  He is obviously concerned and sent me back to PT for month and told me to come back in 6 weeks.  In the meantime he was going to do some research.  He thinks that it could be related to the fact that my right leg in longer than my left. To me it would make since, but if thats the case, then why didn't he notice it before? 

I don't know. I just figured I would get on here and see if anyone has gone through this, or is going through this.  Hopefully I hear something soon!
21 years old
04/03- Rt knee epiphysiodesis
11/06- Rt knee lateral release
11/07- Lt knee lateral release and fulkerson osteotomy
04/11- Lt knee medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction