Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Help Please!  (Read 700 times)

Offline missspanias

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help Please!
« on: August 28, 2010, 09:20:30 AM »
Hi users. I've been suffering from a knee kind of injury for about 3 weeks now, and seeing as there are a lot of experts on this forum I think I may have come to the right place! I bascially did something to my knee SOMEHOW by the way I stood up. I was sitting down cross legged and kind of got up awkwardly and felt like something click, instantly I was limping very badly and couldn't put any weight on my leg or else it would start shaking. I carried on limping for about a week and then once the limping had gone my knee is basically not the same. I find it hard to do simple things such as, if I walk too fast my knee starts aching and I have to stop, I can't run for long either. I have also noticed when I stand up straight and kind of suck my legs in my left is evidently popping out. When I sit on the floor in an upright position my left leg cannot go straight and my knee aches if I try to force it, it almost feels like a LOCKED feeling. I also can't do simple leg llifts as my leg does not go straight and I feel like I walk weird now. I have done my research and the closest thing I've come up with is a meniscus tear. If there's anyone that can shed more light or has any other ideas what it may be judging by what I cannot do please let me know. And thank you for your time!

Oh and I've also been doing a lot of light leg streches everyday, and soaking it in hot baths constantly but it hasn't done ANYTHING at all, and if anything makes it worse for a while.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:22:09 AM by missspanias »

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Help Please!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 12:44:04 PM »
Hi There,

Sorry your knee giving you so many problems and think you need to see an OS to examine your knee as it could be more then just a meniscus tear but from what you described could well be a menicus tear and the only person who can confirm it is an OS. The knee will lock if you have a torn meniscus or one of the ligaments could be torn so would get it checked out ASAP by an OS as the longer you leave it untreated the more damage can be done to the knee.

Nick :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline strive2thrive

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Help Please!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 08:03:18 PM »
I'm sorry about your injury!  I agree with Clarkey - go see an Orthopedic Physician right away.  There is no way to diagnose your specific injury without an expert's evaluation.  In the mean time, follow the RICE routine: Rest (don't over exert yourself),  Ice (frozen bags of peas are perfect), Compression (find a knee wrap at the drug store) and Elevation (prop up your leg when you sit down).  Take care and good luck.
December 28, 2009 - ski accident - complete ACL tear left knee - no surgery