Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New here-- need general help with what my MRI means  (Read 1492 times)

Offline abbiegavie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New here-- need general help with what my MRI means
« on: August 27, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

i have had 5 total knee surgeries over the last 15 years. I have a follow up with my knee doctor in a few weeks since he is on vacation but my MRI populated on my thedacare website and I was wondering if anyone can help me with figuring out what this means. Is another surgery liikely? I dont' expect professional advice or anything just anyones opinion who has experienced this. Thank you so much!!!

Jodi

COMMENT: Noncontrast MRI of the right knee has no prior comparison.Small joint effusion. No Baker's cyst.Oblique undersurface tear of the posterior horn and posterior body of the lateral meniscus. Intact medial meniscus. ACL graft is not well seen but is likely intact. Intact PCL. No evidence of arthrofibrosis. Chronic sprain of the MCL noting diffuse thickening. Lateral condyle complex is intact. The popliteus tendon and muscle are intact. Postsurgical changes of the patellar tendon. The quadriceps tendon is intact.There is moderate tricompartmental osteoarthritis noting multicompartment spurring. Areas of grade I and grade II chondromalacia of the medial and lateral patellar facets and medial and lateral trochlea. There are areas of grade II and grade III chondromalacia of the medial and lateral femoralcondyles noting a few areas of subchondral bone marrow edema. Areas of grade I and grade II chondromalacia of the medial and lateral tibialplateaus

IMPRESSION:1. Oblique undersurface tear of the posterior horn and posterior body of the lateral meniscus.2. ACL graft is not well seen but is likely intact. No evidence ofarthrofibrosis.3. Chronic sprain of the MCL noting diffuse thickening.4. Moderate tricompartmental osteoarthritis noting multicompartmental chondromalacia.