Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Total Knee Replacement problems first thing in the morning.  (Read 654 times)

Offline English Lady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Total Knee Replacement problems first thing in the morning.
« on: August 22, 2010, 05:04:46 PM »
Hi. I had a TKR 8 months ago and it has never been quite right, a lot of ligament pain at the back of the knee when walking. The warmer weather here in the UK has helped recently though. The problem is for the past 6 weeks or so when I wake up my leg is straight but then I find that I cannot bend it. There seems to be a problem with the ligament on the outside of my leg which seems to catch on the metal piece inside stopping me from bending my knee back. I have tried to push hard and the pain is excrutiating, twice I had a huge spasm down to my ankle and once my leg went numb. This morning the only way I could bend it was to sit with a pack of frozen peas at the back of my knee, after an hour or so it moved. Once I have it moving I can bend it right back through the rest of the day, but I am beginning to dread going to bed. I have very thin legs and the Surgeon had to find a very small piece of kit to put inside. Does anyone have any idea what is happening. I did think of going to bed tonight with the white support stocking I wore after the op, wondering if that might stop whatever it is getting stuck.