Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Crunchy Quad Sets  (Read 931 times)

Offline theycallmej

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Crunchy Quad Sets
« on: August 21, 2010, 05:31:10 AM »
Hey guys!

I'm proud to say, I've made stunning progress with my knees. I haven't had much in the way of pain lately (there was a bit of time a week ago that I was having some burning/dull aching at my kneecap, but that has resolved itself with rest and some exercises like quad sets). I no longer have pain when I walk or run due to learning the pose method and I've been doing quite well.

I do have some questions though-- I am getting, when walking at times, an odd sensation in my left knee only and it is difficult to say what the exact location is. It's towards the inside of the knee area. If I have my knee extended, as I do now, the knee problem seems to be located at the inner edge of the patella but right below it. When I'm walking at times, the sensation picks up and it doesn't hurt or ache or burn or throb, just gets a weird sensation. Is this an indication of osteoarthritis? My diagnosis for my knee was just slightly worn out cartilage on the kneecap (chondromalacia) and I believe this was picked up from my x-rays and when I did a visit with a bone doctor. Also, to add more, I don't know if this is important or not, but I have crepitus in my left knee when I do a quad set and am not focusing on using my inner thigh. If I just do the set without thinking of my vastus medialis and inner thigh, there's a crunchy/clicky feeling/noise. If I focus though, it doesn't make a sound. Could this just be the patella itself crackling or is this the meeting between the tibia and femur crackling? My knees pop all of the time during extension though, that's just the patella popping in or out as I've found from research.

support