Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: TPF S4 surgery 3 weeks ago and fell on it today ...eeek  (Read 842 times)

Offline Erica27

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
TPF S4 surgery 3 weeks ago and fell on it today ...eeek
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:30:32 AM »
Hi there
Firstly Id just like to let you know how thankful I am for this site.  I have never suffered a serious injury before and I think i may have gone stir crazy had it not been for this site and hearing of other peoples experiences. 
Today however I suffered a massive panick and although its subsided theres a niggle in the back of my mind
I had my plates and screws fitted 3 weeks ago to correct a displaced tibial plateau fracture, and have been home and coping with living downstairs and sitting still (just), i was given 6 weeks before PWB but today en route to the bathroom my crutch must have caught something and i went over on my foot, i did turn and fall on my good side but i definately put my foot down, im not suffering serious pain but I am experiencing cramps just under my knee cap - Should i call my consultant?  I dont want to over react and bother people, I called the orthopedic department of the hospital and they said if Im not in serious pain then i shouldnt worry but im not 100% convinced.  Basically I was wondering if anyone had had a similar accident and what the outcome had been.  Im not due to see my consultant until next month.

Thanks so much

Offline maryc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 18
Re: TPF S4 surgery 3 weeks ago and fell on it today ...eeek
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 01:22:32 AM »
I think most of us had taken that tumble at some point in our recovery.  It's scary and then you imagine all sorts of things that have happened.  Chances are that the hardware did it's job and kept everything in place.  The cramps may be from a variety of things, it could be that some nerves are mending, or you may have broken loose some scar tissue.  Keep an eye on it.  If it doesn't go away in 24 hours or the sensation increases ask to see someone. 
Sending healing rays your way
8/4/07 fell
8/5 diagnosed TPF
8/6 surgery plate and 6 screws
8/12 out of hospital NWM
8/21 staples removed
9/18 OS appt - WBAT with crutches
10/10 - WBAT with cane
10/27 - back to work w/cane
12/26 - no cane, slight limp when tired
1/25/08 - released from PT, no limp
2/3/09 - Released by OS