Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Osteotomy and ACL  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Fishbone

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Osteotomy and ACL
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:03:46 PM »
I shredded my left knee over 6 years ago.  I am now bone on bone on the medial side of my knee and it "slips" out a couple times a week.  I am seeing Dr. Clancy in Birmingham who works with Dr. Andrews.  I am scheduled to have an osteotomy and ACL reconstruction on Aug 17th.  Does anyone have any real world information on the rehab involved and just how much pain i am in for.  I have struggled with this knee for a long time and the pain is constant.  It is my hope and prayer that this procedure will eventually lead to some pain free life in the future....Any information will be very much appreciated.
Reconstruction on left ACL, Posterolateral Corner, and Medial Meniscus.
April 2004
Currently still have a Large Chondral Defect of the Medial Femoral Condyle.

Grade II MCL Tear on Right Knee June 2010

Osteotomy and ACL Reconstruction on Left Knee August 2010

Offline mmrocker13

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 7
Re: Osteotomy and ACL
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:07:38 PM »
I can't say on the ACL, but as far as the osteotomy...I had very little pain from it. I broke my femur elsewhere on my own afterwards, which caused some issues, but the osteotomy procedure and recovery were not bad.
89: Pat. dislocation, lat. meniscus tear, femoral OCD lesion
89: debridement, chondroplasty, lateral partial menisectomy
02: partial lat. menisc., debride
02: mfx
09: subtotal menisc., debride, c'plasty
10: scope/debride
10: varus DFO
13: HWR
15: total menisc., debride, c'plasty, notchplasty

Offline Jill M

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Osteotomy and ACL
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:38:03 PM »
Fishbone,
I too have had an osteotomy of the distal femur. I can't speak of rehab for ACL. I had several other procedures at the time of my Osteotomy so my rehab was slower than if I were to just have had an osteotomy. I wasn't allowed to weight bear for a period of time due until significant healing had taken place. It did redistubte the weigtbearing to a more normal pattern and prevented further damage to my lateral compartment. 
There is a section that discusses Osteotomies on this site. You should check that out. Best of luck to you.
JIll
8/07 Right subtotal meniscectomy
4/08 Chronic meniscus tear, grade 4 changes
10/08- R distal femoral osteotomy, lateral meniscal transplant, tibia microfracture, osteochondral allograft femur
12/08- AF noted, LOA
2/09- MUA
8/09- extensive LOA, patella baja
1/20/11- TKR

support