Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee streghtening  (Read 812 times)

Offline mattley23

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Knee streghtening
« on: August 02, 2010, 05:49:47 PM »
Hi all,

Ive had a long history of knee problems with my right knee. Several operations including ACL reconstruction in 2006 and partial meniscus removal in 2009.

Ive been told that i have inherantly weak knees, but the problem is im a very active person and train around 2 times a week in martial arts. Ive had several 'wobbles' which have resulted in ligament strains and i think its only a matter of time before i have another major injury without sorting mysely out.

I was wondering if there is anyone on here that can advise me of excersises i can do to help strengthen my knee??

Cheers

Offline mollyc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee streghtening
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »
There's a great thread on the cruciates board here called something like: all the exercises I have done.  Really useful set of exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee to protect the knee. Many people have added to the list over time, so be sure to scroll down through the thread. I found the list to be invaluable when I was recovering from an ACLr. I still refer back to it as I move to higher levels of fitness, cause the list really spans the range from easy to pretty intense exercises for your quads. Good luck!
Ski accident 2/14/09
Ruptured ACL, MCL sprain, bone bruise
ACLr allograft 5/27/09
Knee now 100% fine...skiing and playing tennis regularly