Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Wata's ACL Reconstruction, 07-26-10 (Patellar Autograft,Left knee)  (Read 28836 times)

Offline ouch09

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Wata's ACL Reconstruction, 07-26-10 (Patellar Autograft,Left knee)
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2011, 11:28:02 PM »
I'm about a month late with my post, but congratulations on returning to football within 1 year post-op !  ;D

I know things were tough for you in the first few months post-op, however you seem to be doing very well now.
ACL rupture playing football May 2009
ACL hamstring autograft reconstruction 24-6-10

Offline wata

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2012, 04:18:39 PM »
It's been already 2 years, so I will write how my knee is doing.

My knee is doing great overall. I don't do as much exercise anymore, and I can't tell whether my knee got stronger since 1 year ago. My knee don't bother me any more when playing occasional football games. Nevertheless, I can't get away from the fear that I may injure my knee again, so I end up playing rather gentle every time.

Hope all is getting better with you guys. This surgery was challenging physically and emotionally, and this board helped me a lot.

Summer-06 (ACL damaged right knee), Sept-09 injured (undiagnosed, left knee),
Jun-10 re-injured left knee (ACL tear, bone tip fracture) 
7/26/10 ACLr Patellar Autograft - Left Knee

Offline wata

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »
5 years post-op note

Hi everyone, I wanted to drop some notes since I came to this web site for the first time in years.

My left knee is doing great.

When I had a operation, my goal was to fully go back to soccer to the competitive level. However, I think I have given up that due to some minor pains I get after playing soccer, which prevented me from playing soccer more frequent.

Now, I have switched my main sport to boxing in late 2012. Although boxing requires intense footwork, my knee does not get any pain as I play soccer. My knee is more than good enough for this sport, and in fact my experience in soccer helps me to learn new foot works. I am expecting to compete next year.

Overall I am totally grateful of the result of the operation. Yes, my knee has changed and never gone back to soccer, but by accepting how my knee is, I was able to find new hobby and passion.

Hope all is getting well!

Wata
Summer-06 (ACL damaged right knee), Sept-09 injured (undiagnosed, left knee),
Jun-10 re-injured left knee (ACL tear, bone tip fracture) 
7/26/10 ACLr Patellar Autograft - Left Knee

support