Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: tibial plataeu - reinjured knee today!!!PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ADVICE!!!  (Read 1184 times)

Offline mangledsteel

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
i had a tibial plataeu, no MRI yet, nearly 6 months ago i just started limping almost 2 weeks ago, they were going to give a MRI for next visit since i felt my knee going out of place alot (like my bottom half of my leg going to the side, like a ACL tear, or MCL, or something of that matter im not a doctor just making a example of what it could be), so stupid me decided to take a ATV i just got that i havent gotten a chance to ride, that i got the day i broke my leg... like i said never road it, so i had to just take it for a spin, having a hard time with the motor it took hours to start, clutch problems blah blah, well i accidently popped the clutch and threw myself off the back HARD, onto my bad hip on my right leg, but thats the least of my worries even, because i went to stand up and realized my bad tibial plataeued leg's knee just decided to start wobbling horribly again back and forth, clicking etc, with bad pain, i got inside, and after laydown for a while, i cant even stand up and put my leg down, or i get a shooting/stabbing feeling in the front and inner side of my knee, really bad!!! now, keep in mind i fell onto my right hip/but and slid forward a few yards, and it threw me with ALOT of force, but my tibial plataeu leg im assuming just smacked downto the ground with me (my legs went into the air, bottom side /right hip hit down) so im assuming my legs had some force coming down but in a laying posistion. i highly doubt i broke my tibia again, but im assuming i made my knee condition worse, tore a ligiment or something to that effect. after 6 months of not walking, i am NOT happy to resume peeing in urinals, and sitting in a wheel chair today. ADVICE PLEASE! so i can get this stabbing sensation in my knee to go away, this horrible sharp pain, so i can resume walking again soon. i cant afford any more ER visits, no job, no insurance, even charity care doesnt help enough, but i want to start limping again so i can resume physical therapy that i just started 2 days ago. im one of those almost refuse to goto the ER types of people, because of all the issues with my broken leg in the first place that they avoided helping me wiht, and then i nearly died of blood clots. help me out please. any way i can walk soon thanks in advance PLEASE help

Offline maryc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 18
Re: tibial plataeu - reinjured knee today!!!PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ADVICE!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 06:12:45 PM »
There is really nothing I can say except you need to get it checked out.  If not in ER then at least with a GP.  Is there a free clinic in your area?  Most will preform a basic exam for free or very little money.
Sending healing rays your way
8/4/07 fell
8/5 diagnosed TPF
8/6 surgery plate and 6 screws
8/12 out of hospital NWM
8/21 staples removed
9/18 OS appt - WBAT with crutches
10/10 - WBAT with cane
10/27 - back to work w/cane
12/26 - no cane, slight limp when tired
1/25/08 - released from PT, no limp
2/3/09 - Released by OS

Offline mangledsteel

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: tibial plataeu - reinjured knee today!!!PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ADVICE!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:50:52 PM »
no money, broke and broken in the USA - wish i lived in canada where i could get help. shame.. ive been waiting since may for my first disability check, got injured well i was on unemployment.
everyone talked about how obama was fixing health care, i think he just made alot of things worse. i wish someone would step up to the plate and the country i was born in...otherwise im ganna have to get out of here and goto canada or something! i woke up today, and my leg didnt seem to shift but it seemed i couldnt put any weight on it at all, super sharp knee pains.

support