Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Farrah's Right Fulkerson TTT 1/8/08, now RSD/CRPS...Left Fulkerson 11/16/10  (Read 453607 times)

Offline arkitect06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Medtronic = Life!
I have been in the hospital for the same thing 3 more times since my last post!  UGH!  It's frustrating! 

Farrah
11/16/10 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Left Knee)
11/17/09 SCS re-implant
7/29/09 I&D
5/7/09 SCS removal b/c of MRSA
12/15/08 & 2/6/09 SCS Revision
10/30/08 Spinal Cord Stimulator Implantation
6/27/08 diagnosed with RSD
1/8/08 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Right Knee)

Offline Brambledog

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
Hi Farrah, crumbs that must be driving you crazy  ::) I'll keep my fingers crossed that something changes for the better soon, and you can have  some normality again... Hope you are doing ok generally, despite the grief of this.

How is the CRPS doing now? Hope it is pretty quiet as you have enough to deal with! Mine is doing ok at the moment and I've ditched my crutches and am walking a bit better - not far mind you, but better  ;)

Take care,

Brams  ;)
2009 - diagnosed coeliac
Aug 2011 - L knee arthroscopy
Aug 2011 - diagnosed PF arthritis L knee
Nov 2011 - diagnosed CRPS L knee
Dec 2011 - MRI R knee, PFOA is worse than L!
June 2012 - no surgery 'til TKR's
Nov 2012 - CRPS spread to L foot/thigh, increasing pain
- Worsening pain/symptoms R knee
;-)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Hi Farrah,

I am sorry that you having the same problems again and again. Can imagine how fed up you must be by now and can pop into KG 24/7 for any help, advice and moral support and friendship.

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline arkitect06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Medtronic = Life!
Hey all!!  Not sure if the people that used to reply here are still on KG! 

Just an update! 

My knees only hurt now b/c I need to lose weight.  I was 50lbs lighter last year and they were fine!!!  My RSD is in remission now thanks to my last SCS surgery back in 2012.  I have been walking without any assistance since 2014!  I can run now and I am playing tennis 2-3 days a week!!!  I am back to normal!!!  Still single after my 2010 divorce, but looking for dating options!  I want to get on eharmony or one of the dating sites soon. 

Anyway, I have new furbabies now...Maggie my dog and Lilly-Jo my cat.  My old furbabies moved to Alaska with their new parents after I had to give them up b/c I had nowhere to live and no money to care for them anymore.  I am back on my feet now.  Been living by myself in Atlanta, GA since 2015! 

I am good now.  If anyone still goes on here....respond please!  Thanks for all of the support over all these years!!!!!!!!!  I never wrote my book b/c my outcome was improving.  Didn't know if it would be interesting anymore.  Maybe a happy ending is a good one!!!  I am overweight again and my knees hurt doing some basic activity, but they aren't bad enough to where I can't run or play sports!!!!!

Farrah
11/16/10 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Left Knee)
11/17/09 SCS re-implant
7/29/09 I&D
5/7/09 SCS removal b/c of MRSA
12/15/08 & 2/6/09 SCS Revision
10/30/08 Spinal Cord Stimulator Implantation
6/27/08 diagnosed with RSD
1/8/08 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Right Knee)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Hi Farrah,

Nice to see you back again after a long stint away from KG. The majority of KG members that posted regularly have gradually disintegrated away with very few old timers posting on here regularly. Glad your knee problems have finally been sorted and are able to run once again. Have you tried Tinder dating app where you can meet local singles in your region saving going for long distance relationships or romances outside your town and county? 

Have Ellie my black and white tabby shorthaired, she is getting into her senior years aged 13 in November, making her 91 in human years. Can knock back 10 to 15 years, Ellie is a house cat that can live up to 18 to 20 years if well cared for and vaccinated.

Have had 3 surgeries on my right knee with scar tissue build up being the main culprit! My 3rd scope seems to be semi-successful with less knee pain and better stability than my previous two scopes. Still cannot run or walk fast that might still happen? Only been 16 months post op today since scope #3 that all on my post-op diary and signature.

All the best,

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

support