Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: LPFL reconstruction, derotational tibial osteotomy  (Read 8269 times)

Offline crankerchick

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 26
  • How 'bout them Cowboys!
    • Derotation osteotomy & TTT Post-op diary
Re: LPFL reconstruction, derotational tibial osteotomy
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2010, 02:26:46 AM »
Glad to hear your are doing good.  I was wondering what happened to you.
Perhaps you had gone to a better doctor.
I see the doc has jokes for us this evening! A real comedian in addition to an awesome doctor. ::chuckles and applause::

Acheek71 knows, as do I and many others, that there's none better than Dr. Mark Sanders! He's the man!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:29:10 AM by crankerchick »
Mar '07 - plica excision
Oct '09 - femoral + tibial derotational osteotomy & TTT
Aug '10 - hardware removal
"You control your leg. Don't let it control you." -Smart trainer
"Get your a$$ in gear and go for it! Nothing will happen until you make it!" -Smart doctor

Offline acheek71

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 05:52:39 PM »
Just trying to follow the advice of my doctor and rehab, rehab, rehab!!

Offline crankerchick

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2010, 06:42:10 PM »
It's been awfully quiet around here... :-)
Mar '07 - plica excision
"Get your a$$ in gear and go for it! Nothing will happen until you make it!" -Smart doctor

Offline acheek71

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2011, 03:24:20 AM »
I'm bumping this dude back to the top!  Have great news, doc was right all along!  The knee has greatly improved over the last two months with the help of a wonderful workout called Crossfit!  Doc had told me last June that it would take two full years to get back to where I used to be, and that building the muscle back up would solve the issues I was having.  Once the muscle and flexibility started coming back, the popping ceased, so did the instability.  I was still having some pain when I sat for the butterfly stretch, some pain straightening after being bent for awhile, and some soreness where the plate was.  So, this past Tuesday doc removed the plates and screws.  I  can already tell a difference.  Granted it is twice the size of the other knee right now, but I can sit in a butterfly stretch, and I don't have the pain behind the knee like I did.  The LPFL was a success, and so was the tibial osteotomy....no more medial instability!  Dr Sanders has been my saving grace, along with a fabulous therapist, Alan! Could not have done it without them and my little cheering section (you know who you are!)  Love you all!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 03:36:31 AM by acheek71 »

Offline crankerchick

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »
This is such great news to read! I'm glad things are coming together and you are now stronger then you were prior to surgery. What a difference a year and metal free makes. Your cheering section is cheering loudly right now, a volume only to be surpassed when you post that you have gotten back on the bike.

I was riding around key west yesterday on 2 wheels and thought of you. Here's to 2-wheel and running fun for you!

And yes, Doc was right. He knows his stuff. I'm glad you've come to this conclusion. :-)
Mar '07 - plica excision

support