Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Unable to walk correctly.  (Read 3447 times)

Offline wesymo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Unable to walk correctly.
« on: February 14, 2006, 08:52:50 PM »
 :( I had the mosiacplasty surgery done the end of October 2005.  I was non weightbearing for 6 weeks. Then was partial weight bearing for another 6 weeks.  I began physical therapy while I was partial weight bearing. Now I am full weight bearing. Have regained the strength in my leg but I am unable to walk without a limp.I am still going to therapy.  The strength is there but can't seem to walk without leaning to the left.  I had the surgery on the left side. Is this common? Should I quit worrying about it and give myself more time?  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them..

Offline femur

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • "it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt"
Re: Unable to walk correctly.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »
I would give yourself more time. Have you talked to your doc about this and what does he say?
WHen i was in my accident and was non-weight bearing for about 6 months i walked funny for about a year and then i regained strength and now i walk fine. Well i look like i walk fine, but i can tell a differance.
i would just wait and see, and keep doing your PT. it will help.
22 f
broke right femur in 03
several surgerys on right knee since
no cartilage in right knee under patella.
Having OATS 2.20.06

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 01:12:33 PM »
I would definitely talk to both your doctor and your PT about this.  YOu may need a few sessions with an occupational therapist - someone to "re-teach" you how to walk properly.  Our minds are powerful tools, and sometimes the inherent fear of messing up the surgical fix results in continued limping and favoring the bad leg.  But I certainly wouldn't assume that this is as good as it gets.

Good luck-
Jess
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

Offline tissafernando

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:09:45 AM »
:( I had the mosiacplasty surgery done the end of October 2005.  I was non weightbearing for 6 weeks. Then was partial weight bearing for another 6 weeks.  I began physical therapy while I was partial weight bearing. Now I am full weight bearing. Have regained the strength in my leg but I am unable to walk without a limp.I am still going to therapy.  The strength is there but can't seem to walk without leaning to the left.  I had the surgery on the left side. Is this common? Should I quit worrying about it and give myself more time?  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them..
Hi i have never written in a forum before i hope this ok i have the same mosiacplasty of my left knee i do have a limp if you are local i would like to chat by phone

support