Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Osteochondritis Dissacens  (Read 934 times)

Stargirl

Osteochondritis Dissacens
« on: June 29, 2010, 11:06:09 PM »
Hi All! I'm new to this website and I thought I would share my story about Osteochondritis Dissacens.
I was diagnosed in Sept 09 having gone for a routine arthroscopy for what my surgeon thought and admitted too was a cartilage tear. Yep, a day case procedure with approx one months recovery....but no......woke up outside the theatre doors with a nurse leaning over me saying 'it was a bit more complicated than we first thought'.....thats when my nightmare began.....they found a piece of bone the size of a 1p which was fixed with a stainless steel screw in the medial femoral condyle ( the weightbearing end of your femur on the inside of your knee). Have been post op now nearly 8 months. Anyone else here have OCD?
Here is the first xray after open surgery with the screw and 16 staples.

Offline tootsiewoots

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Osteochondritis Dissacens
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:13:03 PM »
No nice. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I have the same problem and it is very dificult to treat. Thus far I have undergone 3 surgerys. 1x (small holes drilled into my knee) 1x Screw fixation 3 screws much smaller than the one in your knee. I have also (2 weeks ago) had the screws removed, well 2 anyway the third could not be removed. I still have pain but I am reluctant to go for any further treatment. What have the results of this fixiation produced?

support