Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: **Frustrated... ROM issues & Pain...  (Read 948 times)

Offline Murph324

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
**Frustrated... ROM issues & Pain...
« on: June 28, 2010, 05:18:19 AM »
Hi! I have talked to quite a few of you in a different thread that was posted in ACI's.
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=49244.0

As you can see from my signature, I've had 6 surgeries.  Lateral Release in 6/08, TTO 1/09, ACI 1/10, and another LR this month, plus a few scopes.  At this point, its hard to say if the pain is any better because of the additional procedures. ???  I have spent countless hours at Physical Therapy (luckily I like my PT place, and my Phys therapist is great), and many hours in a CPM machine... Thankfully I found this website awhile back because at least I know I'm not alone.  I know I'm not normal, but not alone!  And, I met two friend, Sarah & Kara, and we are all going through this together!  ;)

Right now, I am just frustrated with my Range of Motion. >:(  It has been an issue since I had the TTO last year.  I spent forever in therapy, until they just couldn't do anything.  Earlier this year, it got worse after the ACI.  I had LOA done in March, which didn't help much.  Then, I fell, which is why I had another LR, LOA w/ a drain. Right now I am getting about 80 degrees, while my PT can get about 87 with a LOT of pain.  :-\

As of this week, I have been able to ditch the crutches as I feel up to it, and my "Good" has gone from good to bad so fast!  It hurts more then the bad knee!  :(

I know there are so many of us going through this, so I figured if anyone was willing to share some suggestions of things they have found to work for them. Or just vent to someone who understands!  :)

Also, has anyone here used a JAS brace? jointactivitysystems.com.  I am planning on talking to my PT about it tomorrow to see what he knows, but just curious if anyone here as any imput.

Hope you are all doing well, and bending your knees :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:21:43 AM by Murph324 »
03/04/08- Left Knee Injury
06/18/08- Lateral Release
01/26/09- TTO/Microfracture
10/16/09- LOA/Cartilage Biopsy
01/06/10- ACI
03/24/10- LOA/Hardware Removal
06/04/10- LOA w/ Drain/Lateral Release