Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Premier Healthcare in Germany  (Read 2699 times)

Offline WestPoint

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Premier Healthcare in Germany
« on: June 27, 2010, 12:01:01 PM »
I have been considering doing my operation in Germany through Premier Healthcare in Hamburg, Germany. At first, I was a bit unsure about using a medical tourism company for this service, but my dealings with them so far have been very good. What impressed me about them was that although I asked them for ACI and Menaflex operations, after their doctors at the Arthro Clinic Hamburg saw my MRI, they ruled out these possibilities as my chondral lesion is so small that it doesn't show up on the MRI, and the medial meniscal tear is too small to be a candidate for Menaflex. In other words, this wasn't only about making money. They told me that I needed a regular meniscectomy, even though they offer those other operations.

For now, I can get the meniscectomy done in the country where I'm staying, but I will use this company at a later date if my case warrants doing something bigger than a meniscectomy. The prices in Germany are amazing!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:04:14 PM by WestPoint »

Offline owen13

• Regular Poster
Re: Premier Healthcare in Germany
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »
hi there,
i was in contact with olaf at prem healthcare because i need surgery to my right knee. i was going to go to hamburg but my local private hospital gave me a quote that was about the same price so i chose scotland over germany. olaf was very helpful though and i would not hesitate to use them in the future. did you travel to hamburg?

Offline WestPoint

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:57:08 PM »
No, I didn't, but if I need anything major in the future that is not available to me where I'm staying, I would really consider going there.

Offline thevoice

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 06:49:15 AM »
What sort of prices where quoted?

Offline WestPoint

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:23:07 AM »
Here was the original quote:

While it depends on your individual case and your medical history, costs for

1) meniscus collagen surgery (Menaflex) are approximately CAD 5.800. Costs for

2) M.A.C.I. / A.C.I. are approximately CAD 9.690.