Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help Had Conformis IDuo replacement Apr. 27th aweful pain swelling still  (Read 1844 times)

Offline seahorseforu

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi
Neebie here.  I had a Conformis IDuo Left knee replacement 8 weeks ago.  The pain and swelling is still aweful.  I ice, swim , bike at home and go to PT 3X week.  PT says I have a long haul ahead (6months to 1 year)  I just started back taking pain meds. 2 mg Dilaudin 4-6 hrs.  Night pain is the worst.....  I just can't seem to get the swelling under control .   I am 47 yrs old and my OS chose this procedure due to my age and saving bone loss etc.  I was told this should be a faster recovery, less invasive etc.    I am in more pain now than before the surgery.  I am regretting having this done.  Anyone out there have this procedure done and can shed some light here?

Laurie

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
Have you been tested for infection or RSD ?

Offline SADA

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
I had the conformis iforma 1-6-10.  I was in a lot of pain for 8 solid weeks and still hurt most of the time for another 4 weeks.  I am back working out and playing softball.   I still limp at times and it still hurts at times but I can say now that it was a good choice.  My knee holds up better now than it did before surgery.  Hang in there and it will get better.
Sada

Offline bridge

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Hi Seahorse

I was wondering if you were feeling any better?  I had my knee replacement the same day and 4 months later I am walking ok but cannot bear any weight on the knee (e.g. climbing stairs) and getting comfortable at night is difficult. 

My consultant doesn't seem unduly bothered but I feel disappointed at the progress and it would be useful to have a benchmark to know if I'm just being unrealistic.
Bridge

Offline mlbbarry

• Regular Poster
Re: Help Had Conformis IDuo replacement Apr. 27th aweful pain swelling still
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 11:26:53 PM »
Hi Seahorse,  just curious how you are feeling now, since it has been several months since your surgery.  I am looking at having the DUO put in since I am just 41 years.  Did you have any trouble with your insurance company okaying this somewhat experimental procedure??

Monica
88' torn ACL, MCL, LCL repair
92' clean up
95' clean up
96' lateral release
99' meniscus repair, and clean up
2004 meniscus repair, & failed micro fracture attempt
2010 April, arthritis clean up and meniscus repair, poor outcome.
2010 Nov. 8th tkr left knee

Offline seahorseforu

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Help Had Conformis IDuo replacement Apr. 27th Still can't walk very well
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 03:02:10 PM »
Hi All,
I have not posted in quite sometime.  Thank you all for your support.  It helps so much to hear how everyone is progressing.  I know I am still healing but I thought by now I would be able to walk without pain.   It seems to be about weight bearing.   I can bike just fine and swim with no pain but cant walk.   Stairs are better but still can't do them foot over foot.  At my last checkup 1 months ago my OS said I had bursis in shin area.   He injected some cortizone and told me to back off from excerising until this healed.  This part of the leg seems fine now.  I  told him the pain is when I walk and seems to be within the knee.  He said it can take a year to heal but that my implant looked fine.  Is anyone having similar symptoms with weight bearing and walking?

Thanks again for your support.
Laurie
Boston LPKR 4/27/10

Offline seahorseforu

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Hi All,
I'm back!!  Hope everyone is recoverying well.  It has been 1 year since the Conformis IDuO and I am still having a hard time with it.  I still can NOT walk very well.  I went back in Jan. for a scope.  Surgeon said he adjusted the knee cap and cleaned up some scare tissue but everything looked great.   I noticed a big difference right away and could walk so much better.  It is now May and I am back to the same pain on top of the knee cap and I can't walk again.  All weight bearing (can't stand for long or walk) I am so dissapointed at this point.  I had a bone scan 3 weeks ago and the surgeon said the implant looked great and said if this does NOT get better then I would need a full replacement.

Is anyone else having any problems with their Conformis IDUO or any PKR?   I would love to hear from you!!
Thanks again for your support
Seahorseforu
Boston
Left Conformis IDUO April 27, 2010

support