Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Need information about a MCL tear  (Read 756 times)

Offline lisabv2010

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need information about a MCL tear
« on: June 25, 2010, 07:55:25 AM »
Ok So I have been making progress. Four Days after the surgery I was walking up the stairs with no problem. Now I have started therapy and It feels really strange to bend because I havnt done it in three weeks. With a normal knee that is. now I had some issues with pain killers I was having all of the symptoms so I stopped taking it, its been two weeks. I have felt very very itchy lately so much to the point where I can't sleep. Its terrible. I can't lose sleep or ill be exhausted to do therapy! the Swelling has been very bad. I know its normal, but it really hurts. The insision hurts and stings. at the end there some of the staples are has a scab there and it bleeds sometimes. Is that normal???? I hope I dont have an infection. I am also wondering if I am allergic to my brace!. anyone else have the hinged brace and any times will be helpful!

Offline bracebaz

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Need information about a MCL tear
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:42:02 AM »
Hi,
If you think you've got an infection go see your doc or os, is your brace neoprene? Sometimes it can cause a allergic reaction, the brace will stop any sideways movement while the ligament heals,
Baz
,lcl,mcl,pcl tears 2001
braced for 2yrs no surgery.
jan 07 disloction pcl grade 2, lcl beyond repair.
 2011 diagnosed medial OA
Brace user up to 18 hrs a day
Holding off PKR

Offline sleepylawyer

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 3
Re: Need information about a MCL tear
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 10:56:43 PM »
HI,
 :D ;D
Just saw your sad post and felt really sorry for you.  Do come back online and read what i have said below and do not feel ignored.

Do put some info on your signature cos that gives lots of info to everyone.

As to recovery.  It is quite a big operation menisectomy/repair whatever the OS or anyone else says.  Keyhole does not mean minor.  Your knee will hurt they blow it up put saline in and put tow tubes in the size of drinking straws.  If you have an infection it will be hot and swollen and you may have a temperature yourself generally.  If it is infected you must see a doctor.  I had bleeding two weeks after a menisectomy hot weather was the main reason we are talking a bit of seeping here not gushing blood!

Do as much exercises as you can.  Rest and use the ice.  it will get better if no complications.

Sleepylawyer.
07/09 diagnosed with lateral discoid meniscus with large tear RK menisectomy
03/10 diagnosed with new meniscus tear RK.
05/10 partial menisectomy, lavage and debridement 2x2 cm square Grade 4 hole in medial femoral condyle articular cartilage RK
07/11 LK medial meniscal tear
08/11 APOS shoes fitted

support