Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: BEST, most comfortable CRUTCHES ever  (Read 12894 times)

Offline poikiloid

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • be nice to your knees
BEST, most comfortable CRUTCHES ever
« on: June 24, 2010, 07:32:01 PM »
SmartCrutch! Just started selling in USA: http://smartcrutchusa.com/

i had to use them for almost 3 months and i cannot say how thankful i was that they were available!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i paid for forearm crutches and they hurt too much. not a total loss--i was able to just keep the old ones upstairs where i didn't spend much time, saved me from having to drag em up and down while scooting on my butt.

but these smartcrutch things are incredible. well worth the cost--even if your insurance won't pay, which mine wouldn't.  i highly recommend you get these before your surgery, as using other crutches becomes terribly painful after just a couple days.

The other thing about them: for going up stairs, when they are set to about a 70-80 degree angle, I can easily hold the metal shaft of one crutch in the hand of the same arm that is using the other crutch for support, leaving my other hand free to hold onto the railing--a stable object--THIS MAKES IT SO MUCH SAFER AND EASIER TO USE STAIRS COMPARED TO OTHER CRUTCHES.

and they actually look pretty cool!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 07:51:52 PM by poikiloid »
medial femoral condyle grade 4 articular cartilage "flap"-type lesion in r. knee, 1 cm diam (not arthritic: acute-trauma-like lesion, but unknown cause) diagnosed 2/2010 (age 28)
microfracture 4/2010
rehab based on Steadman protocol

Offline kizzietaylor

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: BEST, most comfortable CRUTCHES ever
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »
This is my biggest fear after my upcoming TTT that I'll have to hobble around on damned crutches. With all of my knee and ankle injuries I have three pairs of my own and hate them.. the pain in my hands and back is excruciating after a few days...  I've just bought these in advance.. I can't bloody wait.. it was that or borrowing an automatic wheelchair from the local nursing home!!..

Offline jlangst

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:25:55 PM »

I am big fan of the http://www.mobilegs.com crutches.  When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it had to be about the mobis.  It is nice to finally see some innovation in this device.

Offline WeenietheWarriorPrinces

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 02:28:06 AM »
I love my mobilegs! I have been using them for almost 7 months and counting!
Left knee:
6/2012 Arthroscope w/ debridment, and plica removal
3/2013 Microfracture of MFC & patella and lateral release
6/2014 Microfracture MFC (same spot as last time, was damaged in a car accident)(infection week after & ultimately a failed surgery)
11/2014 OATS(autograft) MFC