Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: First post..  (Read 1326 times)

Offline elizabeth10

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
First post..
« on: July 07, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »
Hej!

Found this post after 'doing' my acl in April 2009. Had a great Surgeon, all went well in September surgery, double barrell hamstring. Rehab good. Then slipped on ice in January 2010 and tore lateral + medial meniscus, same knee. Surgery four weeks ago, early June 2010. Success.

I was told, after walking like a 'bird' since January fall, that I was now fixed and would get my gait back. I guess I have been in denial for quite some time.......reading a few of your posts today made me burst into tears. Last week my knee locked for four days and walked like a pirate (now I can bend it again). ;)

Feels somewhat better after the gym everyday, but I really get the feeling that I will never feel quite the same again and wonder if my knee will ever give me a break. .........  ???

Elizabeth.

Offline SR

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: First post..
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:54:16 AM »
Bad feeling huh...? The hardest part for me was thinking that ignorance was more blissful than knowing the possibilities of this whole thing...

I almost wish I never knew. It seems that no matter where you turn there is always bad news with knee issues. Have you had the locking thing checked out? Mine locked badly and it was a bucket handle tear in the medial meniscus - every time I did something like knelt or moved too quickly it locked. They removed a large part of the meniscus. I worsened the whole tear when I also slipped on ice - on a lake...

Problem with the meniscus is that often it doesnt heal even though they do the repair it is hit and miss... if it locked again it might be worth checking out again...