Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Me and my problems  (Read 1059 times)

Offline WalkeruK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Me and my problems
« on: June 16, 2010, 05:09:35 PM »
Hi all, im knew to the board, see what i did there?

Im basically in a huge pickle, i was disagnosed with when i was 14 after a trip with some ligament problems, just a small tear and i was asked to carry out physio etc, my knee never got better and this saturday i messed it up again.

A+E xray'd my knee and found what looks to be a little bit of my patella in the middle of my knee joint and they believe that this has damaged my MCL a little, however they are not 100% till after my MRI scan.

Ive been resting for 5 days now with some ice occassionaly and still cannot walk on my foot without hopping slightly, the swelling and bruising is subsiding but is there anything i can do to help speed the process up? i cannot straighten my leg standing but i can when lying or sitting down. I have a holiday booked in just under a month and hope to be able to walk again properly before then?

Offline WalkeruK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Me and my problems
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 09:35:06 PM »
no responbse? Starting to lose my mind here.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »
I would suggest only doing what is comfortable on it - could be worth seeing your gp while waiting and get some anti inflammatories inside you.
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline WalkeruK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:15:40 PM »
Thanks started walking on it now, not to far though, am i likely to be able to straight my knee to look like im walking normally anytime soon?

Offline PrincessEssex

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »
Hey Walker

Dont really have any advice for you but I have to let you know you are in good company here. I have just had my MRI results back and although it means surgery I am relived that finally someone is believeing me about my problems and pain and that I have not been told for the millionth time that I will grow out of it.

All I can suggest is do not put any uneeded pressure or strength on it. If you think that there is something wrong persevere and don't accept an answer unless you are fully happy with it.

Let me know how your MRI goes xx

Offline WalkeruK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 01:28:53 AM »
Hey, thanks for the post.

Theres definately something wrong with it they think i fractured my patella causing a piece of the fracture to enter into my knee joint tearing one of my ligaments

This was when i was 14-15 im now 22, and the injury has just cropped up again but this time its much worse, i can walk around although i do look silly my leg is constantly bent looking and my knee pertrudes quite a bit, I have my MRI tommorrow than appointment at the fracture clinic monday, well see how things go