Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Multiple Knee Issues - Advice  (Read 547 times)

Offline Israel149

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Multiple Knee Issues - Advice
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:14:38 AM »
Hello I am new to the kneeguru and was seeking advice. I am 22 and a US Vet who injured his knee and had a lateral release and patella tendon debridment  and after words had server pain and swelling that lasted several months that led to my discharge. I ended up seeing 3 different surgeons and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis, patella femoral syndrome, thickening of my patella and scar tissue. The army surgeon i saw didn't really explain much and seem to just want me out. I was able to see a civilian surgeon who said they could remove the scar tissue and some of the arthritis as well as see if any possible repair to my patella he saw upon surgery. He admitted i would still have problem but that my pain would be lessoned and mobility greatly improved. The army eventually denied my surgery and I am now able to seek it with the VA surgeon or a Civilian doctor.  Oh and I should clarify my diagnosis was different among  all the doctors i saw

So after all that info my questions is should i seek another surgery or should I accept my current limitations and learn to live with the them? At this point i just want to be mobile enough to play a little sports with my family and son when he gets older.

Thanks

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:27:22 AM by Israel149 »