Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: help me please knee pain  (Read 609 times)

Offline sclark

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
help me please knee pain
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »
Hi I have  been having moderate to severe pain behind and on the inner side of my knee.Went to the doctor took xrays and did mri The doctor said he saw a small tear and a slight case of arthritis. Gave me a cortozone shot This did not help.  The next day my knee locked up and gave out I had to go to emergency room.  they gave me crutches wrapped it and told me to see my doctor monday.  I went to see a surgeon he said in the previous mri he did not see a tear, although the doctor did Another one was never given after knee went out. Is it possible not to see a tear from a mri?  I am scheduled for knee surgery with a scope Monday Does anyone know if there is not a tear can they do anything else. Some times my knee feels better and sometimes it feels bad. Can someone help me as I am having surgery Monday. If it is a mild case of arthritis can it make your knee lock up and not be able to walk for three days   

Offline tenisfan

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: help me please knee pain
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:41:12 PM »
a MRI cannot always pick up tears. You know your body, a knee just does not lock and give out for no reason, plus the pain i bet it is a meniscus tear, you can tear the meniscus without doing serious injury to it. Just ask me i am always getting the meniscus fixed, because i starts to catch and buckle. Good luck, and I hope they find the problem :)
2006 right knee surgery, meniscus
2008 left knee lateral release,  meniscus
2009 microfracture left knee, lateral meniscus,  fragment
2009 cartilage transplant oats
2010 loose fragment removal, meniscus fraying,found another defect
2010 oats failed, synvesic injections ,2011 right knee meniscus