Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help I have a dilemma about PKR  (Read 671 times)

Offline heretolisten

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help I have a dilemma about PKR
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:24:58 AM »
Hi Guys,

I haven't been here since my bilteral arthoscopy 3 years ago.  I am now in a situation that is causing me a lot of anxiety.  Both knees have now worsened however, my right is worse that the left and I really need a replacement as I have already had 3 arthoscopies on my right knee and another isn't an option

At my last visit to the OT I was told that it would be likely that I would get away with a partial but he couldn't be sure till I was on the table. I have an appointment in 2 weeks.

I am 59 years old and I am hoping that after surgery I will be able to return to a fairly active life and maybe one day do some gentle skiing again (I had to stop last winter) 

I am not too worried about the surgery or the rehab but my fear is the risk of infection post op.  I have read some horror stories and wish I hadn't. Can anyone offer any reassurance.  I am in UK and have had 3 arthoscopies on the NHS and one privately and on all occasions, it was the same surgeon.  This time I will be at the mercy of the NHS.