Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Injury? Any ideas?  (Read 832 times)

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
Injury? Any ideas?
« on: October 01, 2003, 10:34:38 PM »
Hi all!

I think I did something to my L knee (yep, the TTT knee) a few weeks ago. As usual I thought it would go away, but it doesn't really...

I jumped to reach a shuttle while playin' badminton 3 weeks ago and when I landed I felt this sharp pain on the medial side of my knee. It was bad, but once I stretched a little pain subsided and I played on, though I felt a stabbing-like pain every time I extended my knee, though it was no way near the pain I felt at the time I landed.

When we were having a drink afterwards I noticed I was still having medial pain. But I didn't ice or anything, the knee was not swollen or sore. Now 3 weeks later I am still having medial joint line pain, but only when i go upstairs or fully extend my leg. Also when I push the area it's extremely painfull. Now I think I have done something to my meniscus. I know I should have discussed it with my OS @ my last appt, but I thought it would be nothing and go away. As my back is still seriously k*ll*ng me, I hope I am in the wrong about my knee pain.

Anyone has an idea about what might be wrong? I see my OS oct. 15th to further discuss my back problem (and another painfull injection >:(), but if the kneepain is then as it is now, I'll certainly ask him about it.

Anyone who has even the slightest idea please let me know :-/ and sorry to whine like this... Apart from all this I feel good...

H xxx
Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

Iona_-Uk

Re: Injury? Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 12:05:27 AM »
Hi Helena

It does sound like it is something to do with the meniscus, I get similiar pain from mine, mine is a dislocating meniscus though, I have the medial joint line pain and thats what they OS's look for first apprently when diagnosing meniscus probs.

Do certainly ask your OS about it on the 15th, I'm sure he won't mind and the first step then is probably an MRI to see if they can see any tears or floaters.

Take care of that knee
Iona

support