Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Looking for some insight  (Read 730 times)

Offline iamafroggy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Looking for some insight
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:41:37 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

A little history on my knee........torn ACL fall 2004, ACL repair (patellar tendon) spring 2005..........developed a "cyclops lesion" on my graft preventing full extension and was on crutches for 7 months with 2 revision surgeries via scope.  Long hard recovery process but back to full functioning by 2008.

Fast forward to about a month ago.  I have been training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for about 2 years.  I was doing an exercise where I pull my leg leteral.  POP!  That night my knee popped several times.  The pops were painful but not debilitating.  Since then it has been popping like crazy (multiple times a day) but the worst time is if I sit cross legged and then get up.  The pop is audible and also feels like bone on bone.  I have pretty much stopped exercising as it is getting very painful and I am in fear of making things worse.  Had an x-ray which showed arthritis and an ultrasound which showed fluid on the lateral part of the knee.  I have an MRI scheduled for August 11th. 

My doctor thought the ACL felt in tact. 

It;s my right knee and I need to drive (daughter to and from daycare, myself to work).

I am 30 years old and very depressed  :-[

Any thoughts on what this could be?

Offline cincbrenda

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Looking for some insight
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »
Sounds like the cartledge between the bones has worn away. You need to get an MRI done to see what is going on. You dont want to put any extra stress on it as it will become inflamed . I hurt my knee 19 years ago and did not get it taken care of then so I am paying the price now. It has gone bad about 7 or 8 times over the years. I would go to the emergency and not follow through just because i am a big sissy. My doctor says there is not much left there to support it.The popping started around the 4th time. Thats just my experience to be sure you need a professional .