Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Still having knee pain  (Read 866 times)

Offline rblantonjr

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Still having knee pain
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »
I tore my acl and medial menscius in Aug. of 08 at work from a ceiling collapse. In Sept. 08 I had acl reconstruction and medial menscius repair, I went through months of therapy and returned to full duty April 09. I was still having pain issues, but felt it was normal. In June 09 my knee buckled for no reason and had alot of pain. Went to see surgeon and he said it was fine. I have numbness in my toes ever since the accident. I started to develop a catch and pop this past winter, it finially got soo bad I went back to the surgeon. He had an MRI done and it showed a cyst had formed where he repaired the menscius. In March of this year he performed surgery again to remove the cyst. I still have significant pain on the lateral side of my knee and numbness in my toes. I was sent home from work because of my pain.I went to see the doctor and he sent me back to work, he said he could not keep me out of work because of pain. I can't sleep at night and have been taking some kind of pain medication since my injury occurred. I don't know what to do, does anyone have any suggestions? I an trying to get a second opionion.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 77
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Still having knee pain
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 03:36:31 PM »
Hi There,

I think it always a good idea to get a 2nd opinion in the situation you are in as its affecting your sleep and finding it hard to work. I may be totally wrong but numbness in your toes could be damage to your nerves, so would have it checked out if I was you to be on the safe side.

Nick :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

support