Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: PRP injections  (Read 3751 times)

Offline ricardo40

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
PRP injections
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:18:05 PM »
Hi everyone can someone enlighten me i have grade3 wear to my articular catilage on my right knee and grade 2 on my left which is a bit of a set back as my occupation is a firefighter i could not imagine doing anything else. i have had athoscopic surgery, steroid injections and synvisc one but nothing seems to help has anyone tried plasma rich injections .I would be grateful for any feed back on this relatively new procedure

thanks Ricky

Offline Mr.Qaili

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: PRP injections
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 04:16:26 AM »
Hi everyone can someone enlighten me i have grade3 wear to my articular catilage on my right knee and grade 2 on my left which is a bit of a set back as my occupation is a firefighter i could not imagine doing anything else. i have had athoscopic surgery, steroid injections and synvisc one but nothing seems to help has anyone tried plasma rich injections .I would be grateful for any feed back on this relatively new procedure

thanks Ricky

Hi Ricardo40 . I wanted to ask , after taking this synvisc injection did you feel any small improvement or maybe it was same as before .
Maybe they was not the right injection for your case .
About platelet rich plasma i have heard that are more helpful because they contain growth factors, and have not side effects . Is taken blood from your arm, and then that blood is separated in centrifuge and the growth factors platels are 500 % and injected in your knee joint .

Greetings
Wish u all the best
Studying Human (general) medicine in Medical University of Sofia

Special interest : orthopaedy (knee)