Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: trochlear groove replacement help?  (Read 2449 times)

Offline baldy253

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
trochlear groove replacement help?
« on: October 01, 2003, 07:23:57 PM »
I need to find some links to hardware manufacturers that specialize in trochlear groove replacements.  I am running  into problems finding any here in the USA.  I have gone through 12 surgeries on my left knee, with the last on the 6th of August 2003.  My doc feels that I am a prime candidate for this procedure.  My groove is down to bare bone, and the entire underside on my knee cap has NO caritlage left.  I was shot in the line of duty in 1998 Sept.  Femor was shattered, bullet went thru entire knee, taking out all tendons, and kept on going.  Any help would be great.  Even he is having a problem finding hardware he likes.  One he did find had a VERY deep groove on the surface.  This might cause allignment issues of my knee cap.  I as well as my doc are not worried about finding someone over-sees for hardware.  Should I look for a custom made one using a CT or MRI for measurements?  I know that it needs to be done by the end of October early November.  I am in very much pain with stairs and all that.  The other two compartments of my knee are fine for now.  But, the longer this takes, they might start deteriorating.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 07:25:34 PM by baldy253 »

Iona_-Uk

Re: trochlear groove replacement help?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 08:13:04 PM »

Offline baldy253

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: trochlear groove replacement help?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 02:09:08 AM »
 :) thanks for your help..lots of readers but maybe not to many have had to undergo this procedure.  I will check into the two site, and see what they have to offer.  Will let you know. Thanks again.  I can't wait to be free of the PAIN.  Hills and steps and all that!