Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ACL revision of a Double bundle reco????  (Read 4135 times)

Offline johnmcc1977

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: ACL revision of a Double bundle reco????
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »
I believe the double bundle is a more strong fix as you are doubling over the hamstring harvest. However i tore it after playing football for 10 minutes standing on my operated leg after running down the wing to cross the ball my leg buckled. i will never know why, i suppose I just wasnt ready but I was told I was !

This was a Patellar graft this time, i doubt if i could have another repair as this is a new tunnel and new fixing points so I guess it would be limited in where any new graft would go. However I do not intend to tear this one, football is now banned!

Golf for me!

Offline johnmcc1977

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 02:07:49 PM »
Well 5 weeks gone now. Knee feels great, down to physio once a week and gym at least 3 times a week. Meet the Consultant in a few days for the first check up. fingers crossed

Offline johnmcc1977

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »
Surgeon was very happy with the ROM and reduction of swelling. So i have to see him after 6 months PO.

Im now almost ten weeks post op, my knee feels really good but I need to keep myself from doing to much. But it still of case of working hard at the gym three times a week. Cycling, rowing, stepping, walking uphill on treadmill, leg curls, squats and lunges.
Still get a good bit of swelling when ive been on my feet all day long at work or the dreded shopping.

Anyway I'll check in soon.

Offline johnmcc1977

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 03:06:51 PM »
Well 5 and half months now.

Been to physio at varing intervals since december, depneding on what excercises i have to do. Ive another 3 sessions and then i think im down to monthly or 6 weeks intervals. I still have to keep up the gym 3 times a week, which is touigh to do, to stay motivated.

Been largely a smoth recovery, had a bit of knee pain after a lot of walking and when i first started to run, but othersie no compliants.

Im very happy, Golf is next!

Offline johnmcc1977

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »
Well I'm over a year now, been off the gym for the last month as I just had by Gallbladder removed. Knee feels good though still feel i need to squeeze another 5-10% more strength out of it once i get back to the gym. Running is fine , feel really confident on it.

Saw the surgeon after the year was up he was happy and even though my knee creacks on full bending he says it just down to cartlige damage.

Overall it been atough hall doig the rehab again but it has been worth it and lost a few pounds on the way. Hope the knee lasts the duration!