Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: kind of newbie here  (Read 878 times)

Offline sexkit001

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
    • my work from home handmade jewellery x
kind of newbie here
« on: May 25, 2010, 10:03:26 PM »
Hi everyone..

I am kind of a newbie, I first registered here two years ago when I suffered my 2nd dislocation but got seriously disheartened when the consultant I was seeing at the time basically told me to just get on with things, even though I have suffered two full dislocations and continuous sublux ones, plus the 'groove' the patella is supposed to 'rest' in is flat and not curved (was only given one x-ray)... so here i am two years later (plus one more kiddie that now makes three of the little mites) with seriously bad knee pain that no longer goes (not that did it anyway) and pains in my left knee due to having to compensate for my right during pregnancy

I finally managed to talk my GP into sending me to someone else (he was happy to agree with the first consultant) so I went to the clinic today and was given an x-ray but this time was actually given an MRI (hoorah) so after these images where ready I went back into the consultants room who re-confirmed my 'flat line', and how loose my patella is.... 

But what I found more worrying is that from the MRI (remember never had this the first time) it shows that normally there is a structure on the inside of your knee that extends to your patella (sorry he never said what) - well I don't have this at all, plus most of my cartlige has been worn away and now appears to be just a rugged little cliff edge (so that is what causes all that grinding) - so from this I had a CT scan to work out the bone % and talked about performing surgery where my hamstring will be used to keep my place, but also back in its true alignment as it does not seem to sit right at all (have always thought my legs look slightly turned out) this apparently less evasive than leaving me to it (unlike the first consultant) - but because f the other conditions he found I am likely to have further complications  but he cant comment on these until the ct scan and possibly during the surgety - so i go back in 6 weeks and fingers crossed I get the green light nad have something done x sorry have ranted and not realised xx
I am now making jewellery from home whilst on maternity leave and my impending surgery - I need to do something
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Irreplaceabledazzle

Offline LoosePatellas

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: kind of newbie here
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 04:18:36 PM »
Hi there - any updates on your situation? Did you go through with the MPFL surgery?
Unstable kneecaps, dislocations since age 6
1992: Arthroscopic Surgery on right knee to remove loose body
No dislocations from 2005-2010
Three dislocations in 2010
RK MPFL Reconstruction schedule for 1/3/2011!!!