Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: crisis after lateral release....help!!  (Read 1352 times)

Offline dawnie19

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
crisis after lateral release....help!!
« on: May 23, 2010, 12:49:42 PM »
Hi everyone, I had lateral release on my right knee 6 weeks ago, I was doing well with recovery, but yesterday I bent down to retrieve something off the floor, like a fool I squatted down, and my knee literally screamed in pain, I now can hardly walk and all the swelling has come back, I am scared of going to hospital, would like to know if anyone else has done this, and have I caused a major problem or will it go down on its own......thanks so much.xx

Offline kari418

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: crisis after lateral release....help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 02:41:48 PM »
I would most definitely call your doctor or go to the ER.  Your muscles and tendons are still healing after 6 weeks and swelling and pain is a sign that something is wrong.  I had subluxed patella and it gave out this last time and they're pretty sure I tore my MCL.  I have an MRI Monday morning to see the extent but from them not doing it earlier I did more damage.  I am now scheduled for a ruptured quad tendom surgery.  Don't mess around and get checked! Good luck!

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: crisis after lateral release....help!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 02:49:07 PM »
take anti inflammatories (regularly!) ice and elevate.

The swelling is there to protect the joint, then if it doesn't settle back down by monday I would go to the docs.
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)