Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Sore knee  (Read 1000 times)

Offline maldugs

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Sore knee
« on: October 01, 2003, 05:06:18 AM »
Hi, looking for a bit of feedback, about 9 weeks ago I spent all day cutting and loading/barrowing firewood, the next day both of my knees were sore, the left one worse than the right. The pain was all around and above the kneecap, and about 2 days later a bruise came up on the left knee, the soreness diminished over time, but is still there, I played lawn bowls twice this week, and the soreness in the left knee has returned, any clues to what is going on?
Regards Mal :-/

Iona_-Uk

Re: Sore knee
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 12:07:59 PM »
Hi Mal
It could be that you have inflammed the bursa in and around the kneecap, this can be aggrivated by such activities as gardening or stooping to play bowls.

Obviously this is just a wild guess and I would strongly recommend you do seek a medical opinion just to be on the safe side.

Take care
Iona

Offline ozzybug

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Never do what you would un-do if caught
Re: Sore knee
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 12:23:07 AM »
Mal-

Again, I have to agree with lona.  Could be a touch of bursitis, possibly even sinovitis, but to get the correct and most accurate diagnosis, call your OS.  They will know what to do to correctly find the problem and a solution for you.

Hope you get answers and relief!!

ozzybug
Rt knee:Meniscal repair 8/03: Repair prev. meniscus repair 10/03;Chondro shave, scar tissue removal 12/03;LR,debridement chondro & scar tissue 04/02/04;TTT done 09/14/04;VMO advancement 04/2005- Does it ever end?

support