Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: TEZ HAS A FANTASTIC NEW O.S  (Read 10512 times)

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
Re: TEZ HAS A FANTASTIC NEW O.S
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2010, 12:59:21 AM »
Hey - least I could do after all you and the others took the time to calm me down over the anaesthetic. :) The thanks go back in your direction a hundredfold, believe me - I don't know what I'd have done without the support from my KG buddies, and especially my ACLr musketeers. :)

I think the trouble is that it's very hard to be objective about your own body and your own situation...it's so much easier to feel calm and clear when you're thinking about someone else!

It sounds like you're in good hands with your surgeon. The most important thing of all is that you have the confidence that whatever he finds, he'll do the right thing to ensure a successful outcome for you.

K xx
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline Cosmicsnuffle

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Life's short - eat pudding first!
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2010, 01:21:14 AM »
Hey Tez -

Someone (un-named) switched out router off so my post (which I started composing four hours ago and was interrupted by guests  ::) ) was wiped when I tried to post it...

Anyway - once again Snowy has captured eloquently what I was trying to say.

Breathe deeply and relax. Your OS will only wait on the ACLr if there is something else which needs addressing which would impact on the successful outcome of an ACLr. whether you have the ACLr this time or later this op will still be a step forwards.

I'm sure the OS and his staff are used to patients coming back with more questions..... there is so much for us to process!! Call or book to spaek with him again to put your mind at rest - I found the OS's secretary was a mine of information too.

As for your pee sample - wait until  Monday when hopefully you'll find out if there is something which needs sorting - if there is then it is in your interest to be as fit and healthy as possible when you go for surgery - and for your best recovery.

As a very good friend of mine always says... "you'll be fine" ......  ;D

xxxx
Oct 04 - torn meniscus
Dec 05 meniscal trim and debridement
Sep 09 torn ACL, kissing contusions, knee locked 30-60o
Jan 10 ACL stump debrided, lateral parrot beak meniscal tear trimmed
May 10 ACLr (Hamstring)
Aug 11 mfx (focal lesion lateral femoral condyle)
Jun 14 100k walk London-Brighton 28hrs

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 77
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »
Hi Tez,

Its normal to start to panic a few weeks before surgery and I am sure the surgery will go ahead as planned. I hope it does not worry you too much and can enjoy the weekend.

Nick :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »
thank you lovely people you are all so suportive and calming and just darn fantastic wish I could give you all a bid hug right now..(((((((((hug))))))))
the big freak out is over too much time too little to thinks about [when I should be sleeping] but from now on only positive thoughts will dance accross my mind hope you all have a great weekend and for all you England supporters I hope they do well just dont tell any other Scots I said that  ;)
Take care and ta much for everything Tez
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 77
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2010, 12:00:34 PM »
Hi Tez,

I cannot find anywhere to post so decided to see how things are getting on with your knee problems, is the surgery still going ahead on the 19th July. Did you enjoy your Birthday last week and did you do anything to celebrate it, each year seems to fly by and will be 32 in 5 months time and before I know it I will be 40, the older you get the faster the time seems to go by.

I have been waiting for this day to arrive for 3 months and hope to get to see Mr Green, my physio rang me this morning and will try and get Mr Green to see me this afternoon if he is working at the clinic today. Also told me its coming up to 8 months since my surgery and should have seen some improvments by now. I have to be a bit pushy and say my knee feels worse now then it was pre op and its affecting my job as a Greenkeeper in not being able to kneel or squat. Because its the NHS and want to save money need to let them know that I am not happy with the way my knee is at the moment.

Hope you do not mind me posting about my knee on your thread and just wanted to see how things are going with your knee problems as you not undated your thread for a while now.

Nick :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2010, 05:37:22 PM »
Nick of course I dont mind you posting on here I really hope everything went well with you appointment today and you got to see Mr Green himself I look forward to hearing how it all went and what the next step is for you.
As for me I just got back from Spain today we had a fantastic time in the sun to many cocktails were drunk but hey thats what holidays are for ;) The knee did not too bad it wasen't very happy with the walking up and down the hill a few times a day and really didnt like the high kirbs everywhere but apart from that it was ok. I had a good birthday thanks for asking we had a nice dinner out instead of staying in the hotel for our meal so that was nice, your right the years fly by so quickly it just seems like yesterday I was 32 now I'm 49 how scary is that :o
well 2 weeks on Mon I will be having my surgery so it wont be long now, not looking forward to the op but do want to get it over with and get back to normal.
Let me know how your appointment went and take care Tez   
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

support