Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: TEZ HAS A FANTASTIC NEW O.S  (Read 10510 times)

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
Re: TEZ HAS A FANTASTIC NEW O.S
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2010, 09:58:21 PM »
Hi all this is starting to sound as if it could turn into a mega party, the problem would be finding somewhere to accomodate a load of gammy knee'd folk with crutches think of all the extra chairs they woud need one each for the bum and the leg  :D :D
I take it I am the furthest north I am in Greenock about 30 miles from Glasgow on the banks of the Clyde, and on a day like today an absolutly beautiful place to stay unfortunatly we dont often have the good weather to really see how nice it is.
I hope everybody is having a good knee day and all the prehab and rehab is going well
Take care all Tez   
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2010, 08:17:11 AM »
Question for all my fellow knee geeks.... how is everyone's pain??? do you all have pain at all, I have been thinking of what my fantastic new o.s was saying about the pain that am having not being typical of an acl rupture, and wondering what could be causing it especially after another sleepless night when I spend too much time thinking about myself and thats never a good thing ;)
Anyway most of the pain I have is on the medial side of my knee any inward movement causes a burning sort of pain, lying down on my side and straightening my leg causes pain and a loud clunk that I can hear and feel if my other foot is sitting on my knee cap
if that makes sense.
Starting to worry about not getting my recon done if he finds anything else when he does my op I really want it all done at the same time dont want to have to take more time off work later to have the recon done if he finds something else wrong that needs to be sorted.
Sorry feeling a bit sorry for myself I'll blame it on lack of sleep, and being in constant pain, and now having to go to work and stand all day when its warm and sunny outside and everyone else is off  the list continues  ::)
Sorry for the rant or should I say pityfest :-[ take care all

Tez
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture

Offline Cosmicsnuffle

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Life's short - eat pudding first!
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2010, 11:38:52 AM »
Hey Tez -

Sorry to hear you're not your usual bright and breezy self :-( ... I'm not sure that there is a "typical" ACL rupture when you read all of our differing experiences!

If it's any consolation mine was still causing me pain 8 months in - but it'd been "interfered" with in between injury and recon! Much of my pain was medially, when resting but especially on any weight bearing - twisting or over extension (I think it was all part of the bone bruising).

With regards to the recon - sometimes it is better to have different procedures done at different times as the rehab conflicts. I know it feels like a better idea to get it all done in one go, but it also counts to wait until your knee is optimally suited for surgery. Time invested now will pay dividends later. If you have an OS you trust discuss your worries with him and then know that you are in good hands.

hugs for you Tez xx
Oct 04 - torn meniscus
Dec 05 meniscal trim and debridement
Sep 09 torn ACL, kissing contusions, knee locked 30-60o
Jan 10 ACL stump debrided, lateral parrot beak meniscal tear trimmed
May 10 ACLr (Hamstring)
Aug 11 mfx (focal lesion lateral femoral condyle)
Jun 14 100k walk London-Brighton 28hrs

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 77
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »
Hi Tez,

I am now over 6 months post op and starting to see some improvments but still feel pain and tightness around the medial side of the kneecap when I try to squat or kneel down and my physio reckons it is scar tissue. I really want to be able to run again, so will not be satisfied until I can run again as I feel I am too young never to run again.

I hope your knee starts to improve soon it does take a while to heal up again and hope my knee pain on the medial side goes away before I see my OS in June, otherwise who knows what he will do next.

Have a good weekend.

Nick  :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2010, 08:28:35 PM »
Cosmic ta much for the sane and inteligent words exactly what I needed to combat the ramblings of an over tired hairdresser ::)
I guess your right about there not being a typical ACL rupture, and the more I think about it the fact I have had pain for this long could be something to do with standing at work etc, or not!! who knows!!! and why worry!!!! [my new chant to myself] time will tell and its deffo not worth getting my knickers in a twist over.
Nick glad your seeing some improvement, that should give you a bit of encouragemet that you are on the road to running again,
I hope so anyway take care Tez

scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture

Offline Cosmicsnuffle

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010, 09:35:41 PM »
Hahahahaha ...... sane and intelligent    :D  ;D .... I like you Tez xxxx
Oct 04 - torn meniscus
May 10 ACLr (Hamstring)

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 11:52:21 PM »
COSMIC if the cap fits  ::) ::) ::) ::)
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 02:12:44 AM »
Something else to keep in mind is that even if there is some additional damage in the knee, it may well be something that can be cleaned up while you're having your ACLr. For example, if it's meniscus damage this is typically fixed at the same time that the new ACL is being put in. It won't necessarily mean an extra operation.

It may also be that the pain is caused by the ACL tear without actually requiring surgery to fix. One common after-effect of injury is muscle atrophy, and this can lead to tracking problems which can lead to pain. I already had some tracking issues and the pain they cause can be pretty severe. Maltracking can usually be fixed with PT, but it can be at odds with the PT you do for the ACL rehab - in my case, doing so much legwork led to an overuse flareup.

These are just two possibilities, and it could also be something else entirely. The most important thing is to talk to your OS about it, and see if he has any idea what the cause might be and what you need to do to fix it.
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 03:11:31 AM »
Thanks Kay my o.s felt there was a couple of things that did not fit the usual acl rupture symptoms so even though he felt the acl does need done, he stated that if he found something else there it could be he will have to address that first, but I have already told him  that if at all possible I would much rather get everything done at the one time, I think he was just warning me of the possibility.
The more I think about it I would be surprised if there is not some more damage as it will be  2 years on the 25th June
since I injured my knee  in the first place.
My suspisions are that there is a meniscis tear as 2 of the p.t's that I have seen both thought that was my problem but because it didn't show up on the mri it was discounted, well the acl rupture didn't show up either and was only found when I had the scope the o.s I had then told me he couldnt see what else could be going on because there was a lot of scat tissue, but who knows.
I wont see the o.s untill the day of my op so will stress again then, what I would like him to do.
Take care Tez

scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »
It would appear that my fantastic new O.S will not be my new O.S after all :-\ I had a call today from his office asking if I would be willing to go to another hospital and have my recon done there as they have some free spots in July and I have said yes.
The hospital that they are offering me is the Golden Jubilee its about 30 miles from me and it was up to a few years ago a private hospital from what I have heard it is verrrrrry niceeee, also the surgeon seems to have a good reputation a fellow knee geeker told me that he would have loved him to do his recon but they wouldnt refer him because it was a different trust or something.
anyway they have my holiday dates and I should be having my surgery some time in July, I should get a call from them with a date nearer the time. ;D ;D ;D ;D
HAPPY DAYS
Tez
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture

Offline anniehine

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »
Hooray, Tez has a NEW fantastic new OS!  Sounds good if he has a good reputation  ;D
Left knee started dislocating at 7 years old
Hypermobile
Arthroscopic scope April 2009
Trochleoplasty at 28 years old (10.2.10)
Did 1st SLR 1.4.10 WHOOP!!
Walked through house without crutches (12.4.10) very pleased with myself!!

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 09:19:27 PM »
This is really great news, Tez - I'm so happy that your wait has been reduced. I'm also really happy that we'll get to be rehab buddies in July - it sounds as though we'll be going under the knife at almost the same time. :)

Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 10:28:30 PM »
Thanks guy's all we need now is to get Tony sorted and I'll be happy ;D ;D
Snowy your right we get to compare our good and bad days and knowing what you are like you can keep on to me about not doing enough rehab and i'll keep on to you about doing too much. ::)
Take care Tez
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture

Offline Cosmicsnuffle

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 10:37:38 PM »
That's so cool guys! I bet you've both got long lists of "stuff" to do already LoL :P

:-*
Oct 04 - torn meniscus
May 10 ACLr (Hamstring)

Offline Clarus

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 10:58:51 PM »
Yay ;D

So good to hear xc
ACL rupture March 2010
ACLr (Hamstring) 26 April 2010