Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tibial tubercle transfer surgery...so many questions!  (Read 25944 times)

Offline Strawberrry12

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Tibial tubercle transfer surgery...so many questions!
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 06:01:48 AM »
Hey everyone,

I've had a change in attitude about all this now. I'm happy that I'm having it done and I feel confident that we have made the right decision and I am now looking forward to having a normal life style that is not stopped by a bum knee! And thank you to everyone who has helped me with gathering information and helping me to understand what I'm in for. As of the end of this week, I won't be in contact until after my surgery. Hope everyone is feeling well today!

Bree  ;)
-18 years old-
2002- 7 years old, first subluxation
4 more subluxations
9/'10- MRI: microfracture, damage and stretched ligaments
PT, all was going well, got into sports again
03/20/10- 6th subluxation: worse yet!
8/2/10 MPFL repair and lateral release

Offline naturegirl

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2010, 01:44:31 PM »
Hey Bree,

I hope you have a great time at camp, and I'll be think about you!  I hope that all goes well!  I'm glad you're feeling comfortable about this now, and that you can envision the big picture.  I look forward to hearing from you post-op!

-Jen
1999-ish: L knee hyperextension on trampoline
4/30/2010 Fulkerson Osteotomy and MPFL/LPFL reconstruction
Serving with Peace Corps July 2011-September 2013 in South Africa-knee is happy :)

Offline Strawberrry12

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 09:20:52 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm closing down this thread now, I won't be posting on here anymore. I'll be gone now until surgery day so this will be the last post until then! Thank you so much to everyone who helped my through this and helped me in the decision making process.   :)

I will open up a post-op diary in the post op section probably titled "Bree's Fulkerson's Osteotomy and MPFL Repair". Surgery day is August 2nd, but I'm not sure when I'll get home and be able to post, but I will ASAP!

Bree  :)
-18 years old-
2002- 7 years old, first subluxation
4 more subluxations
9/'10- MRI: microfracture, damage and stretched ligaments
PT, all was going well, got into sports again
03/20/10- 6th subluxation: worse yet!
8/2/10 MPFL repair and lateral release